Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote - The font Calibri is missing. Your text might look different.

Since updating Keynote app, I keep getting the following message every time I open my presentation...even when I have made other changes:

Some changes were made to your presentation. The font Calibri is missing. Your text might look different.

With over 100 slides, how can I find the font? Keynote used to make the change for you and you would never see this message again. Its so annoying. Also, why have you taken away so many of the easy functions like replacing images. Now it takes additional steps..sure hurts productivity.

iPad, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 7:41 PM

43 replies

Oct 25, 2013 8:17 PM in response to sanstiger

You can't turn off the warning. It warns you for a reason - to let you know about the compatibility issues.

Calibri and Times New Roman are not that far off from each other in terms of font size, so if there's only one slide with the Calibri font, it's most likely going to be unharmed. There's no need to go looking through each slide trying to find the font because Keynote always fixes the compatibility issues to the best of its ability : ) You are working with a PowerPoint presentation in Keynote after all, so not everything is going to be perfect. They're two completely different file types. If you're sick of the error, you could always make changes on PowerPoint.

Oct 25, 2013 8:30 PM in response to sanstiger

Well, you said the presentation works fine without the warning. I can't really offer any more suggestions besides disregard the warning and edit a copy instead of the original, so just in case something were to go wrong with one copy, you'd have a spare. You could also try reinstalling the Keynote app to see if that makes a difference, but make sure your presentations are backed up to iCloud or somewhere else first. I wish you good luck!

Oct 26, 2013 2:24 AM in response to sanstiger

I too have this problem. Every time I open a document in the new version of Keynote is comes up with the warning. In the old version it would do it the first time only. I too just want to switch off the continuous warnings every time I open every document. Once it has changed the fonts, why does it need to retell me this when I open it again?

Oct 26, 2013 8:09 AM in response to Blue Spinnaker

After almost 2:30 hours with Apple Support, going through 2 advisors and 2 senior advisors....Rebooting iPad, deleting and re-installing Keynote, the conclusion is an engineering issue...which I knew at the beginning. iWorks senior tech is to contact me Monday to see if we can find a solution. I still think they need to go back to the drawing board and add back the functions that now take two steps and fix the font recognition/replacement issue.

Oct 28, 2013 7:58 AM in response to sanstiger

The fonts on iOS are a limited set of fonts system wide.

Only really few app allow to install custom fonts. I assume that apple trys to prevent compatibility problems with the system.

May i guess is that you have reused a PowerPoint-Template? The message is clear for Calibri is one of the standard fonts of MS-Office and not on the Mac or iOS by default. I get this message regularly whe opening Office-docs.

When you are using styles the soultion should be easy: change the styles to a font that is on the iPad too - as Times. The changed styles should affect the whole document.

And don´t forget the master slices for they got font formats too.

Regards

AW

Oct 28, 2013 11:07 AM in response to Alexander_Wolff

The issue started after the iWorks updates last week. Keynote and Pages for iPad would give the message the first time a document was opened but it would automatically replace font and you would not receive the message again. Based on other forums, other users are experiencing the same issue. Apple support has turned this over to engineering.

Oct 29, 2013 9:13 AM in response to Blue Spinnaker

Anyone noticed that when you upload a Keynote file to Dropbox, it zips the file now? Extremely annoying!!!!

Apple did call back today, third senior advisor, and asked for screen shots of the messages received on Keynote and Pages regarding the fonts. Engineering requested as they continue to look at this issue. It seems everything I do on Keynote and Pages now takes 3 times as long to do...hating it!!!!!

Keynote - The font Calibri is missing. Your text might look different.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.