Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

canon lide 90 mavericks

Canon's site says that the CanoScan Lide 90 is not compatible with 10.9. Has anyone found a way to get it to work? thanks

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 25, 2013 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 8:07 AM

Jinet,

I was about to let you know that the CanoScan LiDE 90 does not work in OS X 10.9 Maverics, but now I can verify that the CanoScan LiDE 90 scanner does work, at least somewhat, with OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

I upgraded to 10.9 Mavericks the day after it was released, but could scan using my CanoScan LiDE 90 scanner using VueScan v. 9.3.17, the scanner program that I have exclusively used with this scanner for the last several years.

I reinstalled the drivers which are meant for 10.5-10.8 (LiDE 90 Scanner Driver Ver. 13.9.2a), but the scanner still did not scan using VueScan.

I then tried Apple's Image Capture, but it still didn't scan.

In the process of writing this post about how the scanner does not work in 10.9, I tried MP Navigator EX 1.0.7, the latest version of Canon's own scanner program, which I had installed some months ago. I almost never use this scanner, but MP Navigator was able to scan from my LiDE 90! It scans whether I chose "Use Scanner Driver" or not.

Even after I scanned a few documents using MP Navigator EX, I was not able to use VueScan - it claims that there is no scanner, so it appears that there may just be an issue with VueScan, I am not sure.

I hope that helps!

Hopefully Canon will release updated drivers that are completely verified for 10.9. In the meantime, it appears that MP Navigator EX works.

David

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2013 8:07 AM in response to jinet

Jinet,

I was about to let you know that the CanoScan LiDE 90 does not work in OS X 10.9 Maverics, but now I can verify that the CanoScan LiDE 90 scanner does work, at least somewhat, with OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

I upgraded to 10.9 Mavericks the day after it was released, but could scan using my CanoScan LiDE 90 scanner using VueScan v. 9.3.17, the scanner program that I have exclusively used with this scanner for the last several years.

I reinstalled the drivers which are meant for 10.5-10.8 (LiDE 90 Scanner Driver Ver. 13.9.2a), but the scanner still did not scan using VueScan.

I then tried Apple's Image Capture, but it still didn't scan.

In the process of writing this post about how the scanner does not work in 10.9, I tried MP Navigator EX 1.0.7, the latest version of Canon's own scanner program, which I had installed some months ago. I almost never use this scanner, but MP Navigator was able to scan from my LiDE 90! It scans whether I chose "Use Scanner Driver" or not.

Even after I scanned a few documents using MP Navigator EX, I was not able to use VueScan - it claims that there is no scanner, so it appears that there may just be an issue with VueScan, I am not sure.

I hope that helps!

Hopefully Canon will release updated drivers that are completely verified for 10.9. In the meantime, it appears that MP Navigator EX works.

David

Oct 28, 2013 6:06 PM in response to Russell Alman

Interesting.

My 10.9 iMac shows it as a Canon scanner:

CanoScan:

Product ID: 0x1900

Vendor ID: 0x04a9 (Canon Inc.)

Version: 3.07

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Canon

Location ID: 0xfd142000 / 6

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 500

MP Navigator EX 1.0.7 does (sorta/kinda) work, but the buttons on the front of the scanner do not want to function now. 😠

Oct 28, 2013 7:02 PM in response to Russell Alman

Russell, my 10.9 Mac Mini also shows it as a Canon scanner:

CanoScan:

Product ID: 0x1900

Vendor ID: 0x04a9 (Canon Inc.)

Version: 3.07

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Canon

Location ID: 0x26200000 / 2

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 500

Thanks for pointing out that it works with Photoshop. I only have Photoshop at work, but my scanner is at home, so I could not test that.

Dan, hopefully the driver will be updated to fully support Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks. My in-laws use another CanoScan model, and were heavy users of the buttons on the front. Every so often with system updates, the buttons stopped working, then started working again. I could never keep them working consistently, but they finally got used to using the menu instead of the buttons.

David

Oct 28, 2013 7:24 PM in response to Russell Alman

I can't speak to the LIDE driver, but installing Mavericks "broke" my Canon MG6120 MFP scanner and my Epson Artisan 810 plug-ins in Photoshop Elements 10. I was able to use Image Capture successfully with both, and I could also access and work the limited scan functions via the "Printers and Scanners" System Preferences - but I normally scan into Photoshop Elements.

Both printers functioned fine as printers after the Mavericks install; it is only the scanner integration with Photoshop that was a problem. The Canon MFP did not show in the Photoshop Import options at all; and while the Epson MFP shows, it does not work there.

I was able to get the Mavericks-compatible scanner driver (with a TWAIN plug-in for Photoshop) for the MFP from the Canon site; after downloading and installing it, the Canon scanner once again showed in Photoshop Elements' Import function. The driver for that particular scanner can be downloaded at http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_s eries/pixma_mg6120#DriversAndSoftware

I am prettys sure the drivers are there for most Canon MFPs and dedicated scanners as well. Get to the page for your particular scanner or MFP by entering the matrix here: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support

One can also download the ICA and CUPS drivers from the support page. Having done that, Photoshop now once again shows the Canon scanner.

No luck so far for the Artisan 810. Epson says new drivers should be out "in a few days."

None of my efforts to get newer drivers via Software Update worked - including having trashed the two Epson printer files and trying again to download from Software udate, as suggested elsewhere in these forums.

canon lide 90 mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.