Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers v5 Setting custom fill colours

With the loss of the top bar cell and font options the new sidebar inpsector contains a more limited range of standard Colour Fill colours, and most are very strong colours. I would like to use the slightly wider range of colours offered in the previous version of Numbers. Is there any way of adding a few custom colours to this selection. I have set some custom colours in the separate colours dialogue box, but prefer not to have to have this open all the time when the Inspector in open all the time as well

This is also a problem in Pages v5

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), MacBook Pro 2.8GHz core 2 Duo, 4GB

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 6:06 AM

10 replies

Oct 26, 2013 8:42 AM in response to Jerrold Green1

Thanks Jerry

I think that has resolved the issue - basically when copying an existing colour or creating a new custom colour via the colour box it can then be dragged onto the standard colours box (above in my case) for use later from the little pull down. I use the light green and rust colours a lot and it is useful to have quick access to them this way

Thanks for your help. Just need to check if the colours carry over to different documents !

Nick

User uploaded file

Oct 26, 2013 9:43 AM in response to Jerrold Green1

Thanks Jerry

Good to know the Colours Pane Well can be carried over to other documents. I have also set up a template doc with the colours in, which retains the colours in the big colour blocks, so that is useful

I just posted a question about transferring para styles between documents in the new version of Pages, would you have any clues on that ? https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5487352

Nick

Jan 17, 2014 3:51 AM in response to emilyannwilson

Hi Emily,

Bring up the Colour window (shift command c).

Step 1. Create a colour (I can't get an arrow or number 1 on top of this screen shot).

User uploaded file

Step 2. Your colour will appear as shown by Arrow 2.

Step 3. Drag the colour to the custom palette shown by Arrow 3.

Step 4. Drag from the custom palette to a table cell.

As a test, I Quit Numbers and relaunched. The custom colour was still in the custom palette.

Regards,

Ian.

Edit: Step 3, drag from the colour pane (Arrow 2) to the custom palette (Arrow 3). Ian.

Numbers v5 Setting custom fill colours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.