Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uninstall Offers4U

I just upgraded to Mavericks.

There is an annoying shopping/pricing "tool" being overlayed on most Safari pages. How do I remove it, kill it, hunt down the code writer... anything... help!

It does give you the opportunity to go to the "offers4U" website, download an uninstaller, and use that tool. Unfortunately, that uninstaller is a .exe file and useless to me... us.

Thanks!

Whit

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 4 GB , 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 7:47 AM

Not sure if thats a plugin or extension but we can find out... Safari > Preferences > Extensions if u see it there remove it, if not then /Library/Internet Plug-Ins (move it from there into trash) / Also check ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins. Make sure Safari is not running.

57 replies

Dec 12, 2013 6:43 PM in response to Whit Patrick

I'm running into this problem with Chrome, currently. The ads don't pop up in Safari or Firefox, so it's incredibly frustrating. I had hunted down anything that I possibly could've installed, and the stupid things still keep popping up on Chrome. And like, with you, every removal possible removal program is only compatible with Windows... ugh.

Mar 20, 2014 7:42 PM in response to matthew132

Hi, sorry it took so long for me to reply. I have been off-net for several months.

I did searches in the library folder for everything that was even close to Offers. There were also a couple of other buying assistants that were popping up, so I searched for all of those also. Then I carefully deleted them.

As I remember, about half of the files were invisible. I rely on Path Finder as a Finder adjunct. I set everything to visible while I was searching.

I can't tell you what it was that finally worked, but I deleted whatever it was.

Hope this helps!

Whit

Apr 14, 2014 2:09 PM in response to thomas_r.

I have this also - I installed Mavericks and then had to have my hard drive reformatted (something different). I use Firefox and I suspect it's one of the add ons but I'm having a terrible time. It's so annoying and I feel invaded! Hah. I've tried reading your tome on Malware but it's intimidating. I would love to get rid of this. What do you think of MacScan? Thanks!

Apr 14, 2014 2:18 PM in response to Bela

Frankly, MacScan is junk. See:

MacScan disappoints

Mac anti-virus testing 2014

As for a solution, note that since I last responded on this topic, I've significantly updated the adware solutions on my site, due to an explosion of Mac adware. See my Adware Removal Guide.

(Fair disclosure: My site contains a Donate button, so I may receive compensation for providing links to The Safe Mac. No one is required to donate.)

May 28, 2014 7:42 AM in response to matthew132

Not all adware shows up in your browser's extensions. Not all ad problems are even caused by adware. Some can be caused by a compromised network.

See the Adware Removal Guide I referred to earlier. It will help you solve the problem.

(Fair disclosure: The Safe Mac is my site, and contains a Donate button, so I may receive compensation for providing links to The Safe Mac. Donations are not required.)

Uninstall Offers4U

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.