Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem from lion 10.7.5 to mavericks

I have a Imac half of 2011 with lion 10.7.5. I can not download Mavericks, Why?

I click on download and seems to start but then it stops and there is no progress bar

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 11:52 AM

33 replies

Oct 27, 2013 12:01 PM in response to Laurab23

There may be no apparent "progress bar" in the App Store. It may be a bug associated with this particular download.

To determine if it is actually downloading use Launchpad. You should see a fairly obvious new icon with an associated progress bar. Make sure you check every Launchpad page by swiping left / right.

The downloaded file will also be in your Applications folder. When it finishes, it looks like this:

User uploaded file

Before it finishes downloading, it will have a "progress bar" at the bottom. If it's paused, click the icon to restart it.

The icon will appear in Applications and Launchpad, it's just easier to find in Launchpad.

If it really is not downloading read Mac App Store: How to resume interrupted downloads

1. Open the Mac App Store.
  2. From the Store menu, choose Sign In.
  3. Enter your Apple ID and password.
  4. Click Purchases to get to your Purchases Page.
  5. Click the Resume button next to the app name.

If that doesn't work, "sign out" of the App Store, and sign back in again.

If that doesn't work, try restarting your Mac.

If that doesn't work, write back.

Oct 27, 2013 4:23 PM in response to John Galt

no i am not using any of anti-virus as far as i know... im pretty im not. but im not even trying to launch the upgrade yet only trying to installl it which at first was no problem to start but then suddenly it stopped unexpectedly and then wuld not restart. thats when i deleted from purchase page and now the app store says does not allow me to press download button but instead shows button that says in process of download which is false...

thanks for quick reply 🙂🙂

Oct 27, 2013 4:37 PM in response to John Galt

ok this is weird on several levels now...

i followed your instructions. first i cant find the launchpad so did some googling and think becuase im snow leopard i dont have it... then also i checked the applications folder couldnt find the mavericks there either. and then i checked my available disk space some times and can see that its decreasing indicating that in fact something is being downloaded. also i logged in and out of app store and still says in process but shows no icon under purchases. where is the program do you think?

i didnt restart computer since i didnt want to interrupt the download.. should i do it?

Oct 28, 2013 6:44 AM in response to Laurab23

I have the same problem as Laurab23, macbook sep 2011, currently lion 10.7.5, click install in app store, doesnt appear in purchases, no bar showing download progress, the mavericks icon shows downloading in launchpad but doesnt progress at all , it isnt in applications to remove, restarted mac, restarted app store, removed icon from launchpad , nothing, anyone any ideas please?

Oct 28, 2013 9:39 AM in response to Laurab23

Laurab23 wrote:

How do I locate and uninstall these programs?

Do you mean the "anti-virus" or "security" or "optimizing" or "cleaning" software I mentioned earlier? Those are programs you install on your Mac, and if you didn't obtain them from the App Store, such things are notorious for their ability to wreck its operating system in ways that can't normally be done.

Only you can know what's installed on your Mac, which is the reason I asked. If you suspect anything in particular, let me know what it is.

If you don't know what's installed on your Mac, you're having problems with it, you suspect those problems may be the result of having used something like that, and you don't know where to begin, you can take it to an Apple Store who may be able to help, or you can completely erase it and reconfigure it from the ground up. How would you like to proceed?

Problem from lion 10.7.5 to mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.