Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX 10.0.9 does not export since Mavericks Update

I had 10.0.9 running on Mountain Lion and everything was fine. After I updated to Mavericks FCPX won't export anymore (Apple 720 and 1080). The "Share" percentage goes straight up to 10% but then stays there and nothing happens. My MBP does not go slow or gets warm like it usually does while rendering. FCPX creates a TEMP file for the export, but leaves it unchanged at 48 Bytes for hours.

Apart from that FCPX works fine in Mavericks, but I will have to export the projects at some point, as my clients are waiting...

Anyone experiencing the same problem? All other threads with Mavericks issues where along the lines of "update FCPX". As I am running 10.0.9 already, I can't solve with an update...

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), FCPX 10.0.9

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 3:07 AM

40 replies

Oct 31, 2013 12:20 AM in response to bowsers2

I have a 27inch mid 2011 i5, 8gb ram, radeon 6770m and ever since I updated to Mavericks I can't export anything on FCPX. I've deleted render files both project and event. I've optimized media and turned background rendering off. Also tried exporting to master.

None of the above works. I made frequent exports previous to Mavericks in the exact same 2 projects and every time now I get to 10% share and then an error - 50 every time almost immediately. I just tried an 18 second project and 1 minute of the same project and both said ' can't export - 50 error '.

I'm desperate. I want to try again on imovie but am terrified all this will happen agian.

Oct 31, 2013 12:37 AM in response to ichuck51

since mavericks i have the following error:

"the share operation master file has failed. the operation could not be completed because an error occured when creating frame XXX (error-1)", i have this message in german language. but it appeared first time in mavericks. never had this error since july 2012 when i bought the macbook pro retina. i had this error at least 8 times, i could only export once correctly. the frame which is indicated is not broken, because next time i tried the process went over this frame but indicated another frame. so what to do?? thanks for helping!!

User uploaded file

PROCESSOR 2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7

MEMORY 16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM

FLASH STORAGE 512GB Flash Storage

Nov 1, 2013 3:02 AM in response to Corbywan

hello corbywan

i only can speek for my situation

PROCESSOR 2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7

MEMORY 16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM

FLASH STORAGE 512GB Flash Storage & mavericks mit eingeschaltetem app nap

i do not have a bad frames within my original file or project and a new user account was also not necessary,

but deactivation of NAPP APP was at least 2 times a solution. under mavericks i could export for the first time with no error

thanks for the tip!!

http://stockoto.com/final-cut-pro-x-stops-rendering-app-nap-osx-mavericks-backgr ound-processing/

Nov 2, 2013 10:42 AM in response to bowsers2

Hi mate

I had the same issue try this.

Select the media on your project by CMD + A, then copy CMD + C.

Create new project, and paste footage into it by CMD + V

Now try exporting to a master file through the share command on FCP X.

This should either work or send you a better error message that tells you which frame of media has the issue in it. Then you can go to that frame and replace it or delete it then this should work.

Try this and let us know how you get on - it should work ok and is low risk for you.

Good luck!

Louis.

FCPX 10.0.9 does not export since Mavericks Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.