Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari & Sharepoint

Hi!

Safari 7.0 couldn't open my local Sharepoint 2010 website. It's start loading page and hangs, leave me with blank page. Meanwhile chrome is working fine.

Is there anything I could do, or should keep using chrome for this task?

P.S. I don't use any addons or extensions or whatever.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 6:58 AM

16 replies

Aug 25, 2017 3:28 PM in response to Ondray Wells Jr.

We are encountering the same issue on Safari 10.1.2 on Sierra 10.12.6 however no SMB shares enabled however exactly the same symptomatically when storing ntlm user / pass in keychain. Leave the password out of keychain and there is no issue or use chrome. I have posted a bug and other developer posts, seems like the same finger pointing game but doesn't that leave the other 3 fingers pointing back at apple?

Nov 6, 2013 10:17 AM in response to ttys0

I should have mentioned that I don't use Sharepoint, but uncheckiing that setting has worked on other sites that load slow or hang ( Apple.com being one of them ).

Another thing you may want to try is to disable all Safari extensions that you may be using, then log out and log back in. If that works then load extensions back one at a time to find out which one is causing the problem. Sometimes that helps and sometimes it doesn't. It kind of hit and miss.

May 2, 2014 1:57 PM in response to Nikolay_Moscow

I spent some time with Apple today on this problem and think that there is a solution to at least get sharepoint working with safari again.

Before starting, two comments:

(1) You will have to reinstal some pluggins like flash after this.

(2) You need to read the instructions completely. If you don't and just delete everything from the /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ folder, you may have to reinsall OSX!!!!

I had to perform this in safe mode. You may not have to do this, but if you can log in to the site from safe mode, you might conclude that this is a good option.

Now, what I did was follow the manual uninstall instructions in the following article.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3230

In addition I deleted everything from the following folders if they appear in either ~/Library/ or /Library/

LaunchAgents

LaunchDaemons

startupitems

I suspect that I will see the issue again after I install one of the pluggins again, but now I can fix it, or maybe diagnose exactly what the problem is.

Jul 22, 2014 11:54 PM in response to Nikolay_Moscow

Most people in my office use Mac's for their daily work. This includes using Safari for web browsing.

Unfortunately we also use a Sharepoint 2007 site for various things. Our site requires authentication against AD to view it.

Since upgrading to Mavericks everyone has been experiencing problems browsing to the sharepoint site.

The interesting thing is that not everyone has problems at the same time.

I have been able to find a fix for our issue. Figured I would post it here cause it may help some others who are having this issue.

Our issue appears to be related to having one or more SMB volumes mounted in Finder. I initially thought it was only when we had a SMB share mounted that uses the same AD auth as sharepoint, however I have since discovered that it also occurs when I have a share mounted as a guest user from a completely different domain to our sharepoint site.

If I try to load our sharepoint site, Safari starts loading the page and just sits there. It doesn't show any errors just shows the location bar with the blue loading indicator a little way in. The quick fix is to unmount any SMB shares you have mounted by clicking the eject icon next to the share in Finder. As soon as these shares are unmounted, the sharepoint page will display instantly, or you will get an access denied message. If I get the access denied message all I have to do is refresh the page and it loads instantly.

I am wondering if Safari is attempting to re-use SMB credentials or tickets used by Finder which may be causing this issue. Interesting thing is that the SMB volume still functions as normal so it is unlikely to be stale auth credentials or a stale share. Additionally if you connect to a SMB share and then load sharepoint within a short timeframe this issue does not occur. I have not determined what length of time needs to pass before this issue occurs.

Safari & Sharepoint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.