Currently Being ModeratedOct 31, 2013 1:45 PM (in response to bahooga83)
Hello there bahooga83,
It sounds like after updating to 10.9 you are no longer able to use your printer from any application. I would try these troubleshooting steps from the article named:
Troubleshooting printer issues in OS X
Follow these steps until the issue is addressed:
- Make sure that the printer is powered on, has ink / toner, and that there are no alerts on the printer’s control panel. Note: If you cannot clear an alert on the printer's control panel, stop here and check the printer's documentation or contact the manufacturer for support.
- Ensure the printer is properly connected to a USB port on the Mac or AirPort base station / Time Capsule. If the printer is a network-capable printer, make sure that it is properly connected to your home network.
- Use Software Update to find and install the latest available updates. If an update is installed, see if the issue persists.
- Open the Print & Scan pane or Print & Fax (Snow Leopard) pane in System Preferences.
- Delete the affected printer, then add the printer again.
If the issue persists, try these additional steps:
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 31, 2013 1:48 PM (in response to bahooga83)
Download the Mavericks drivers for that scanner from this Canon webpage and install: Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : CanoScan 8800F
Currently Being ModeratedOct 31, 2013 1:50 PM (in response to bahooga83)
For references, have a read of this previous posting about the CS8800F.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 2, 2013 6:06 AM (in response to bahooga83)
the new drivers and software doesn't work. iMac doesn't detect the scanner 8800f. !!!!!!!! Awful.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 2, 2013 9:30 AM (in response to norbertmuc)
Download and give VueScan a try. The 8800F is supported.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 11, 2013 9:47 AM (in response to bahooga83)
After upgrading to Mavericks, you must also upgrade three more things to support the Canoscan 8800F:
- Upgrade the driver to version 13.9.2a.
- Upgrade the software MP Navigator EX1.0 to version 1.0.8
- Upgrade the software MP Navigator EX1.0 Opener
You'll find those downloads here:
When downloading the driver, be sure to specify your operating system as OS X v10.9 Mavericks.
There's good news and bad news here: With these upgrades, Canon's MP Navigator software for using the scanner works again, as does third-party software that uses a scanner (GraphicConverter, Adobe Acrobat, ...). However Apple's "Image Capture" app won't work - and you need that to configure the buttons on the scanner, so these buttons on the scanner cover don't work in Mavericks.
What's still needed to fix those is an update to something called the ICA Driver. (ICA stands for Image Capture Architecture). Canon tech support knows about this, and will hopefully post a new ICA driver soon. Watch the same link above for that update.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 2, 2014 3:24 PM (in response to bahooga83)
I had the same problem- canoscan 8800 wont work with mavericks. I found the following you tube link that fixed my problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWnYeAniGUo
Image capture will not see the scanner, but the canon MP navigator ap will pick up the scanner and it works just fine.
Buttons on the scanner will not work though..
hope this helps.