Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 7 Apple Settings Facebook Error

Can't Delete Account/Enter Password on facebook in Apple Settings.

I Just updated to IOS 7.0.3

My younger sister logon to the facebook on the apple settings so I Wanted to remove it but when I go to the apple settings and clicked on facebook it asked me to reenter a password for my sisters account account but when I entered the password on my sister's account it says "Error Signing In Could not communicate with the server" and when I tried to click the "Delete Account" Button it does not do anything! Help and I don't want to restore my Ipad just for that setting.

Ipad Mini-OTHER, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 11:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2013 2:33 PM

Go into settings/privacy/Facebook and disable the button.

Open your Facebook app and login.

Once logged in go back to that button and enable.

You may have to re-enter your password but the error will be gone.

Good luck.

22 replies

Dec 16, 2013 10:21 AM in response to Ray Pua

I have a new iPad Air with iOS 7.0.4 installed.

PROBLEM: When I try to set Facebook password in Settings-Facebook I get the msg "Error Signing in - Could not communicate with server"

I performed these tests:

- Tried the "Delete account" button, after the delete pressed on the confirmation msg: nothing happens

- uninstalled and reinstalled the Facebook App: same behavior.

- in Settings-privacy-Facebook no button is displayed: I got an empty screen

- I performed reset in General-Reset-Reset Location & Privacy: nothing changed repeating previous tentatives

Even googling I found nothing useful neither to get back displayed the Privacy button or to insert Facebook credentials.

Anyone has some ideas?

thks

Jan 30, 2014 2:34 AM in response to Ray Pua

The way I fixed this was as follows;

First I changed my Facebook password to something completely new.

Then I deleted the account from my iPhone via the pre-installed app on the settings menu (scroll down and you should find it) I told it to delete all data linked between the phone and Facebook. (Note, I didn't do anything to the Facebook app I download, just the pre-installed application connection app within your iPhone from the off).

Then I simply re-entered my information and it did it all without issue. It was surprisingly simple but took my ages to get it sorted. Hopefully should work though.

I think the problem is it gets confused between an older phone and a new one (only thing I can see that changed when issues started) and it was only by removing the link to the older data that it was able to accept my new password etc.

IOS 7 Apple Settings Facebook Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.