Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally clicked 'don't trust my computer' on my iphone 5, it was a total accident as I wanted to click'trust my computer'. What can I do 2 gt tht message pop up back? I tried resetting my phone n turning it on and off. My PC is windows7

I accidentally clicked 'don't trust my computer' on my iphone 5, it was a total accident as I wanted to click'trust my computer'. What can I do 2 gt tht message pop up back? I tried resetting my phone n turning it on and off. My PC is windows7. Please help mee people n apple . Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3, Using windows 7 laptop

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 9:59 AM

Just reconnect the device.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5868

23 replies

Nov 15, 2013 4:44 PM in response to RebekahfromTT

Hi Rebekah...

This problem seemed to have worked itself out... Somewhere amongst these solutions...

1. Reinstall iTunes

2. Restart computer

3. Restart iDevice

It didn't at first, and I thought to myself... "Oh great, another problem which Apple doesn't acknowledge as existing", but don't worry. Give it a couple of restarts, and if all else fails... Create a new Windows Logon and try from there.

It just happens I was in the middle of reformatting my PC and resinstalling Windows 7, so it wasn't so much an issue when I wiped as it worked when I tried it on a fresh system.

Hope something helps...

Jan 21, 2014 9:42 AM in response to ChloeS1

The simplest way to fix this on a mac or pc is to.

1. Create a new user account on the PC or Mac

2. Login to the computer using the new account you setup.

3. Connect the iPhone to the computer.

4. When prompted by the iphone to trust this computer click yes.

5. Log out of the new user account.

This process should re establish the trust relationship with the iPhone.

1. Now login to the computer using the original user account you were having the problem with.

This Trust relationship should now be in place.

Hope this helps.

Jan 24, 2014 7:25 AM in response to ddriskillgso

If you've got a mac, this works:

1. Plug your phone into your computer with the usb cable, and make sure it's unlocked (screen on).

2. Open safari and go into Preferences->Advanced.

3. Check "Show develop menu in menu bar".

4. In the Safari menu bar, select the newly added "Develop" item.

5. Third in the list should be the name of your phone, for example: "Bob's iPhone".

6. In the submenu (under "Bob's iPhone"), select "Use for development".

7. Your phone should now have popped up the "Trust this computer" question again, just click "Trust" and you're done!

Tested this with an iphone 5c on Mountain Lion.

I accidentally clicked 'don't trust my computer' on my iphone 5, it was a total accident as I wanted to click'trust my computer'. What can I do 2 gt tht message pop up back? I tried resetting my phone n turning it on and off. My PC is windows7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.