Previous 1 2 3 Next 120 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2015 3:37 AM by neohaha
Saperr Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

After upgrade to Mavericks I can't install my Canon Selphy CP900 printer.

I simply wanted to print over WiFi network.

How could I do that?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)
  • jotakos Level 1 (10 points)

Got the same problem. No solution yet...

• Maku70 Level 1 (5 points)

Got the same problem. I called Canon Poland and said they did not know whether it will be the driver. And for now I use print from your iPad, or Windows ...

• redogg Level 1 (0 points)

The latest driver on Canon's website for OSX 10.8 will work with 10.9 Mavericks but requires editing the Distribution file inside of the SELPHY CP series Printer driver_6.2.0.1.pkg file. I was able to get it working by doing the following.

• Download SELPHY CP series Printer driver_6.2.0.1.pkg from canon.com
    • Open the .pkg file with Flat Package Editor (FPE) which is part of the X Code auxiliary developer tools.
      • To access FPE find the Packagemaker.app inside of the Auxiliary Tools.dmg that you can download form Apple Developer (https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action) search for packagemaker
      • Once you find Packagemaker.app right click on it and show package contents
      • Browse to Contents > Resources > Flat Package Editor.app *launch it
    • Open the SELPHY CP series Printer driver_6.2.0.1.pkg with FPE
    • See the Distribution File? Yes, drag it to your desktop.
    • Open it with Textedit
    • Around line 11 you will see

function installationCheck() {

if ( (system.compareVersions( system.version.ProductVersion, '10.8' ) == -1) ||                     (system.compareVersions( system.version.ProductVersion, '10.9' ) != -1) ){

• Edit the 10.8 to be 10.9
    • Edit 10.9 to be 10.10
    • Save the file
    • Go back to FPE
    • Select the Distribution File and hit Delete
    • Drag the edited Distribution file form your desktop back into FPE
    • In FPE Save the file.
    • This now will allow you to install the driver on OSX 10.9
    • If you get a security prompt saying that you can not install because the file is unsigned then
      • Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and give it permission to install form there
    • Once you do all this go to System Preferences > Printers and click the + to add a new printer. It took about 30 seconds for the Selphy to show up but it did and installed without further issues.

You can download the edited driver pkg  file that I used to get  my Selphy CP900 to work with OSX 10.9 Mavericks at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/igdkf2hey22vj61/SELPHY%20CP%20series%20Printer%20drive r_6.2.0.1.pkg

I hope this helps you out. Canon should be ashamed for not fixing this sooner. It takes 15 minutes.

• Drewman62 Level 1 (0 points)

I installed the software fine as you described, but the printer does not show up in the add printer window.  Is there a setting that I need to set on the printer itself to be recognized?  I can print fine from my iphone with their app.

Is the printer and your computer connected to the same WIFI network? The selphy needs to be in infrastructure mode and connected - you will see the vertical bars on the selphy LCD screen.

• landbking Level 1 (0 points)

I'm dealing with the same issue.  My selphy is not showing up as a printer to add.  I do see the vertical bars on the selphy LCD screen and it says it is in infrastructure mode.  Any advice?

Try setting it up using a usb cable (mini to full works also) first. Then see if it will detect it on wireless.

• Drewman62 Level 1 (0 points)

I solved my issue.  I turned off Selphy, installed software from above, rebooted machine, turned on Selphy, did the add the printer thing and it showed up!

• landbking Level 1 (0 points)

Drewman62 -- this worked for me too!  Crazy.  This after Canon customer service told me I was out-of-luck trying to get the Selphy to work with 10.9 Mavericks.  Thanks to redogg as well.  I couldn't find a usb cable to try out your suggestion, so I tried Drewman62's suggestion.  Note to others, when I turned on the Selphy and did the add printer thing...it took a few seconds before the Canon showed up on the screen.  Make sure to give it a minute.

• Ali Hijaj Level 1 (0 points)

Perfect!! I have Canon SELPHY CP810 and it has the same problem but I did what you explain then it started working!!

Thank you redogg

Right on!!! glad it worked for you all.

• Rumont Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you very much Redogg, you are my God!!! I have an Selphy CP810 and can not make it work but I just install you .pkg and it works.

• virguiguie Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you Redogg! you saved my life!

do you know how have the software Photo Print? i have to print with the mac overview but i wanted to have the canon software but no way...

thank you!

• RCA1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have installed the Selphy softwate via your edited install but I cannot see it in my applications?

Previous 1 2 3 Next