2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2013 1:51 AM by léonie
Biscuit761 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Have updated to Aperture 3.5 now that I took the free carrot of Mavericks.

One thing I have noticed is that the "P" shortcut does not seem to work any more - is this right ?

Occaisionally I look at an image in full screen and it is in Preview mode but most of the time it is ready to work on - anyone else with this issue ?

As an aside - is Lightroom having any memory problems with Mavericks ?

Bill

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007), OS X Mavericks (10.9), Aperture
  • firstlaunch Level 3 Level 3 (620 points)

That shortcut works for me using 3.5 with Mavericks. The Edit options are dimmed out. Try trashing your Aperture.plist and log out/in and see if it fixes the issue.

• léonie Level 9 Level 9 (65,465 points)

The new Aperture version handles previews differently. You do not actually need to create previews to share your images to native Apple applications, like iLife and iWork applications.

See this discussion Major change to previews in 3.5? 

and this support article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5932

But still, "Quick Preview" does disable the adjustment pane, at least for me- like firstlaunch said.

Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 09.40.15.PNG

Are you sure, that you are in "Quick Preview" mode? Is the "hurried square" icon highlighted in yellow?

Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 09.43.05.PNG

Maybe simply your "P" shortcut has become disabled. Does the "Quick preview" menu entry in the "View" menu still show the shortcut "P" or is it gone?

Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 09.45.02.PNG

If not, fix the shortcut from the Aperture > Commands > Shortcuts menu.

If the shortcut is still o.k., and you are in Quick Preview mode, test this issue in a different user account, before trashing your preferences, like first launch suggests.

Regards

Léonie