Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac store won't sign in

i have been trying to redownload all my stuff after a fresh start with maveric not the mac store wont compleat my sign in, i cant sign in with my apple ID every where but on the mac app store will just give me the loading symble next to my details and thats it, i have tryied changing my firewall settings, changing my login detailes and even leaving it for hours but no luck, please help

mac app store-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 6:50 PM

24 replies

Nov 2, 2013 7:35 PM in response to Dah•veed

there is nothing on my laptop at all just what is on it from the maveric install, the app store worked perfectly fine before the update, as i say i can type in my log in and it just wont take it will just keep trying to sign in till i press cancle, it dose detect what i put in the wrong detailes so i know it is working, i can still use my apple id to download things from itunes but im trying to reinstall all my ilife things (iphoto, imovie, garage band)

Nov 2, 2013 11:40 PM in response to TRS Relentless

Please read this whole message before doing anything.

This procedure is a test, not a solution. Don’t be disappointed when you find that nothing has changed after you complete it.

Step 1

The purpose of this step is to determine whether the problem is localized to your user account.

Enable guest logins* and log in as Guest. Don't use the Safari-only “Guest User” login created by “Find My Mac.”

While logged in as Guest, you won’t have access to any of your personal files or settings. Applications will behave as if you were running them for the first time. Don’t be alarmed by this; it’s normal. If you need any passwords or other personal data in order to complete the test, memorize, print, or write them down before you begin.

Test while logged in as Guest. Same problem?

After testing, log out of the guest account and, in your own account, disable it if you wish. Any files you created in the guest account will be deleted automatically when you log out of it.

*Note: If you’ve activated “Find My Mac” or FileVault, then you can’t enable the Guest account. The “Guest User” login created by “Find My Mac” is not the same. Create a new account in which to test, and delete it, including its home folder, after testing.

Step 2

The purpose of this step is to determine whether the problem is caused by third-party system modifications that load automatically at startup or login, by a peripheral device, or by corruption of certain system caches.

Disconnect all wired peripherals except those needed for the test, and remove all aftermarket expansion cards. Boot in safe mode and log in to the account with the problem. Note: If FileVault is enabled on some models, or if a firmware password is set, or if the boot volume is a software RAID, you can’t do this. Ask for further instructions.

Safe mode is much slower to boot and run than normal, and some things won’t work at all, including sound output and Wi-Fi on certain models. The next normal boot may also be somewhat slow.

The login screen appears even if you usually log in automatically. You must know your login password in order to log in. If you’ve forgotten the password, you will need to reset it before you begin.

Test while in safe mode. Same problem?

After testing, reboot as usual (i.e., not in safe mode) and verify that you still have the problem. Post the results of steps 1 and 2.

Nov 3, 2013 3:44 PM in response to TRS Relentless

Back up all data.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Cookies/com.apple.appstore.plist

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Quit the application if it's running. Move the selected item to the Desktop, leaving the window open. Relaunch the application and test. If there's no change, quit again and put the item you moved back where it was, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Otherwise, delete the item you moved. If possible, restore it from a backup that predates the problem.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar, paste into the box that opens (command-V). You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Nov 3, 2013 5:11 PM in response to TRS Relentless

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

ls -@Oaen Library/Cookies | open -ef

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C.

Launch the Terminal application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Terminal in the icon grid.

Paste into the Terminal window by pressing the key combination command-V. I've tested these instructions only with the Safari web browser. If you use another browser, you may have to press the return key after pasting.

The command may take a noticeable amount of time to run. Wait for a new line ending in a dollar sign (“$”) to appear.

A TextEdit window will open with the output of the command. If the command produced no output, the window will be empty. Post the contents of the TextEdit window (not the Terminal window), if any — the text, please, not a screenshot. The title of the window doesn't matter, and you don't need to post that.

If any personal information appears in the output, anonymize before posting, but don’t remove the context.

Nov 3, 2013 5:23 PM in response to Linc Davis

total 232

drwxr-xr-x 8 501 20 - 272 4 Nov 01:21 .

drwx------@ 48 501 20 hidden 1632 4 Nov 00:29 ..

com.apple.FinderInfo 32

0: ABCDEFAB-CDEF-ABCD-EFAB-CDEF0000000C deny delete

-rw-r--r--@ 1 501 20 - 6148 4 Nov 00:40 .DS_Store

com.apple.FinderInfo 32

-rw-r--r-- 1 501 20 - 88057 4 Nov 01:21 Cookies.binarycookies

-rw-r--r-- 1 501 20 - 4185 4 Nov 01:18 HSTS.plist

-rw-r--r-- 1 501 20 - 251 1 Nov 06:05 com.apple.Safari.SafeBrowsing.binarycookies

-rw-r--r-- 1 501 20 - 479 3 Nov 23:06 com.apple.appstore.cookies

-rw-r--r-- 1 501 20 - 557 1 Nov 03:46 com.apple.ibooks.cookies

Mac store won't sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.