Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My videos on iPhoto no longer play ... the message reads OSStatus error -54. anyone any idea what this might mean?

My videos on iPhoto no longer play ... the message reads OSStatus error -54. anyone any idea what this might mean?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 2:46 PM

12 replies

Apr 12, 2015 1:47 PM in response to Yer_Man

Hi Terence,

FWIW...

I just restored my entire iPhoto library from Time Machine. I'm running Yosemite. After opening iPhoto for the first time after restoring the DB, it asked me to confirm my library location. Then it proceeded to update all the thumbnails. After this was completed, I observed what the OP reported: all photos work normally, but all videos were a.) missing thumbnails; and b.) yielding this error code when attempting to open.

HOWEVER. Doing a Reveal in Finder showed the videos on disk, and they were playable. After quitting iPhoto and restarting it, it *again* said it was updating thumbnails, and now all the videos both have the thumbnails and play correctly from within iPhoto.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.