Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you activate full screen mode in safari on ipad ios7???!!!!

I've spent an hour trying to figure this out!!!!! It's working well on my iPhone but not on ipad!!

Please help!

iPad, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 8:07 AM

There is no full screen mode on iPad. That is an iPhone/iPod only feature.

You can use other browsers such as Chrome if you really need Full screen on the iPad.

47 replies

Nov 7, 2013 9:06 AM in response to Phil0124

It's not about gaining half an inch, it's about viewing a web site full screen with no clutter, and I like safari so would like to use it. It's about the experience...which I know is important to apple...they do it the best, which is why I don't understand why there's no full screen option in safari. Surely it's very simple for apple to do this??...they've done it with iphone and it works well. Just give us the option is all I'm asking! Let the user decide how they want to view a website....simple...

Nov 16, 2013 7:50 AM in response to Biff

I completely agree, the full screen should be an option on iOS 7, which I was warned about getting. I hope they roll out an update soon. I went to this device to streamline and simplify my life and the clutter bothers me when on Safari.

There are other 3rd party apps out there I'm sure, but I don't like google anymore and try to minimize my use of them wherever possible.

The biggest annoyance is watching an embedded youtube video on safari. Solution: download Mc Tube and open the video there. While there, you get the true fullscreen view, no clutter.

Google search solution: duckduckgo better results, not revenue based & a clean interface.

I moved away from the android pack to get this seamless apple experience where you just intuitively interace with your passion, or whatever it says on the apple ipad marketing. This is being typed on an iphone keyboard from an ipad mini that all I wanted to do was run Safari in fullscreen as well as sort through the tabs like you can on the macbook.

otherwise very satisfied and awaiting some logical updates to iO7, that if not released would have Mr. Jobs rolling over in his grave!

Feb 20, 2014 4:02 PM in response to DCJENKINS777

Not any website.

Web apps only work for websites that support it via the "<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">" tag. For example, you can't even view Apple.com in fullscreen using the method described.

Also, this mode doesn't let you navigate, bookmark, or change tabs without going into Safari first so it isn't really much of a solution anyways.

Feb 20, 2014 4:09 PM in response to Parasprite

I agree with those of you saying want full screen on Safari. I wondered this myself because I get full screen on my iPhone 5S and my Macbook Pro but not an iPad. I would leave a feedback since iOS 7.1 is waiting for us. One month left and I will leave a feedback about this as well before Apple release iOS 7.1 to the public.

How do you activate full screen mode in safari on ipad ios7???!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.