Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 310

I keep getting an error 310 when i try to sign in. Says that iam not connected to the internet but i am.

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 9:36 PM

Try to check on your Internet Explorer browser if any proxies checked. Unchecked on both those. Basically, error 310 means your ITunes cannot connect to internet. I had experienced in that one, I can browse internet using my firefox, but when I tried opening my IE Browser, somehow, there's proxies entered in there. So I cleared them out and I can connect my iTunes well. Hope that works for you.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2013 9:36 PM in response to Kenshin49

Try to check on your Internet Explorer browser if any proxies checked. Unchecked on both those. Basically, error 310 means your ITunes cannot connect to internet. I had experienced in that one, I can browse internet using my firefox, but when I tried opening my IE Browser, somehow, there's proxies entered in there. So I cleared them out and I can connect my iTunes well. Hope that works for you.

Apr 18, 2014 1:01 PM in response to Kenshin49

A little late, but hopefully this can help others with the same problem that find this post. If your other web browsers (Google, Mozilla, etc) can function normally online, but your iTunes won't connect, odds are there's a connection problems with Internet Explorer. henryiriawan has the right answer, but if you need a step-by-step, here's this:

1) Open up Internet Explorer and you'll probably get a "Poxy Server Isn't Responding" message.
2) If that's the case, go up to "Tools" in the browser tool bar select "Internet Options".
2) In "Internet Options" window that pops up, click the "Connections" tab at the top.
3) Click "LAN Settings" near the bottom of the section.
4) If the "Proxy server" checkbox is marked with a check, click to uncheck it.
5) Click "Ok" to close the "Local Area Network (LAN) Settings" window.
6) Click "Ok" to close the "Internet Options" window
7) Either refresh the page or close and re-open Internet Explorer, it should be working now.

This worked for me and now my iTunes is functioning again, so hope that helps anyone else who sees this!

Sep 2, 2014 7:39 AM in response to Kenshin49

I have had this problem for about 2 weeks. I saw some posts about proxies, which made me think. I have recently started using the Hotspot Shield VPN program in order to have an IP address in the USA. I found out that I could not connect using my usual Australian IP address, but when I activated the Hotspot Shield with the USA IP , I immediately connected to the Itunes Store. That may give you some idea of the nature of the problem, which may have to do with proxies.

error 310

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.