Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I save a pdf from Safari 7, the file is empty

Before I upgraded to MAvericks and Safari 7 I used to be able to save pdfs to my desktop with no problem. However, when I save now, all I get is an icon. When I try to open it, I get the message that the file is empty, and sure enough when I go to info the size of the file is zero.

As far as I can tell I am doing exactly the same as I was doing before upgrading.

What is wrong? And idea how I can fix this?

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 6:27 AM

6 replies

Nov 8, 2013 6:23 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks, but I already save to a folder on the desktop. The desktop prefs are OK.

Before I 'upgraded' to Mavericks, I just used to go to the File Menu, Save as... and everything was fine.

Now, if I do that, I just get an empty preview icon. If I try to open the pdf with Adobe reader, it says that it is corrupted.

However, since my original post I have discovered that there is now an icon window at the bottom of the Safari pdf window. If I click on the icon that looks like a floppy disc, then the pdf gets saved correctly.

Why has the procedure changed? If I save the pdf on my other machine, which is also upgraded to Mavericks, the procedure is as it was before. I definitely prefer that.

When I save a pdf from Safari 7, the file is empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.