Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audiobooks not syncing to my iphone

I can't get my audiobooks, that were purchased on itunes, to show up on my iphone. They are in my itunes library and I have 'syncd audiobooks'. How do I get them to show up on my iphone?

I followed several suggestions I found in google and none of them worked... (copy book to desktop and listen from there - didn't create the pop-up window as indicated; restarted my iphone - didn't work; checked 'get info' and ensured that media type was audiobook.)

It shouldn't be this hard... Please help!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 7:56 PM

39 replies

Nov 15, 2013 7:09 PM in response to rpfreund

I am experiencing this same problem. I have always purchased audiobooks using the iPhone and enjoyed istening to them through the audiobook feature. I purchased 2 books 2 weeks ago through the iTunes on the phone but have been unable to load them. They show up on my Macbook pro, but I cannot get them to sync to my iphone 4S. I have spent several hours now and it is incredibly frustrating. DOES anyone know what the heck is happening? Right now, I have just wasted $40!

Nov 16, 2013 5:49 AM in response to rpfreund

I was finally able to resolve the issue with the help of the audible.com helpdesk. The solution was to first go into your iphone to settings>general.reset.reset all setiings. Once that is done, restore the iphone in Itunes, and then finally restore the backup.

You'll have to fix saettings to get a number of your other apps to work, but at least audiobooks is once again appearing under Music>More>Audiobooks.

Dec 13, 2013 8:52 AM in response to rpfreund

If anyone else still has this issue, I finally found a quick fix and solution without having to go to audible.com, resetting, restoring, deauthorizing computer or any of that other unnecessary junk. After a couple hours of frustration over the last couple days, I finally did this:

With my iPhone plugged into my Mac, I accessed my iTunes library and on the left where you can view books, music, etc, and viewd my books. Then I simply dragged the book to the top right to iPhone where it shows the device, and like magic, now all my books show up on my iPhone.

audiobooks not syncing to my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.