Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an HD movie in iTunes, I want to download the SD version .

Ok, so how do i download the SD version of the video? I cant find the option anywhere. The support page that says you just go to your previous purchases doesnt do anything to help, it just redirects you around until you get frustrated and quit.

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2013 8:52 PM

Ok, so I figured it out.

1.) Go to the iTunes Store in the iTunes Client

2.) Scroll to the bottom and look under "Features" (its at the very bottom where there are options like Explore, Features, Help, Manage....)

3.) Click on the "Purchased" option

4.) Once in the Purchased menu, select "Movies" or "TV Shows" (whichever you are looking for)

5.) In the bottom right corner of the window there is a little check box that say "Download HD When Available", uncheck that box

6.) You should see all of your movies and tv shows that have a SD version available to you have a cloud appear in the upper right hand corner of the icon. CLICK THE CLOUD and not the movie icon to download the SD version. If you click the movie icon it will take you to the store page where it offers you the chance to buy the HD and SD version.

7.) This should get you the SD versions of the HD movies/TV shows you bought so you can put them on your devices as a smaller file, yet you will still have the HD option for your computer as well.

37 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2013 8:52 PM in response to Xgen1123

Ok, so I figured it out.

1.) Go to the iTunes Store in the iTunes Client

2.) Scroll to the bottom and look under "Features" (its at the very bottom where there are options like Explore, Features, Help, Manage....)

3.) Click on the "Purchased" option

4.) Once in the Purchased menu, select "Movies" or "TV Shows" (whichever you are looking for)

5.) In the bottom right corner of the window there is a little check box that say "Download HD When Available", uncheck that box

6.) You should see all of your movies and tv shows that have a SD version available to you have a cloud appear in the upper right hand corner of the icon. CLICK THE CLOUD and not the movie icon to download the SD version. If you click the movie icon it will take you to the store page where it offers you the chance to buy the HD and SD version.

7.) This should get you the SD versions of the HD movies/TV shows you bought so you can put them on your devices as a smaller file, yet you will still have the HD option for your computer as well.

Nov 10, 2013 8:52 PM in response to Chris CA

Like i said in the initial comment. That page was very unhelpful and did nothing to solve my problem. They need to provide specific instructions to help their customers out and not some general crap so they can claim that they did something or have the problem solved. The instructions i provided are much better and are easy to understand.

Nov 10, 2013 9:02 PM in response to Xgen1123

Xgen1123 wrote:

Like i said in the initial comment. That page was very unhelpful

To be correct, you did not mention "that page" or any specific page.

If you click the movie icon it will take you to the store page where it offers you the chance to buy the HD and SD version.

and if you click on Buy, it will ask if you wan tot downlaod it since you have already purchased it.

7.) This should get you the SD versions of the HD movies/TV shows you bought so you can put them on your devices as a smaller file,

You can downlaod previous purchases directly on your device and it will downlaod the SD version.

Regardless, you got it sorted, so great!

Nov 29, 2013 4:23 PM in response to superqueso

superqueso wrote:

Not true,

What's not true?

I purchased an HD movie and in order to try and download the SD version I went to its store page and clicked "buy"

Why? I thought you wanted to download the SD version?

You need to click the cloud icon next to the item in your iTunes library.

and it asked me if I was sure I wanted to make the purchase, not if I wanted to download the SD.

I never wrote it would ask if you wanted to download the SD version (because it doesn't do that).

You need to click the cloud icon next to the item in your iTunes library.

See this -> http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519 (and the previous article above).

I bought an HD movie in iTunes, I want to download the SD version .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.