Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Phishing Scam? -"customer service apple"

I have been receiving these messages for a few months- and I assume they are not legitimate but looking for my account information. I have been using my apple services without problem these past months without answering the request to verify information. Has anyone else out there received these? Is it a scam?

Subject: Confirm that you are the account holder

Date: 11 November, 2013 6:33:49 AM EST

To: Recipients <services@intl.apple.com>

User uploaded file

Dear Client apple store

This is an automatic message by the system to let you know that you have to confirm your account information within 48 hours.
Your account has been frozen temporarily in order to protect it.

The account will continue to be frozen until it is approved And Validate Your Account Information.
Once you have updated your account records, your information will be confirmed and your account will start to work as normal once again.

This will help protect you in the future. The process does not take more than 3 minutes.

To proceed to confirm your account information please click on the link below and follow the instructions that will be required.

Click Here To Verfiy Your Account info

ⓒ 2013 Apple.com All rights reserved.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 6:08 AM

Clearly a phishing scam...certainly not from Apple.

Report it at abuse@icloud.com

Barry

Message was edited by: Barry Hemphill

27 replies

Nov 14, 2013 10:13 AM in response to M L K

Have you checked whether you are actually locked out of the account? There are a lot of these emails floating about and they are a scam to get you to click on a phishing link. If you are having trouble getting into your Apple account contact Apple Support directly. DO NOT click on links in these emails. Just don't do it.

Go to https://getsupport.apple.com ; click 'See all products and services', then 'More Products and Services, then 'Apple ID', then 'Other Apple ID Topics' then 'Apple ID account Security'.

Nov 14, 2013 10:48 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks, Rogers.

Sorry to say that I accidentally clicked on link

Then I realized it must be a Plishing scam

Message stated my APPLE ID was disabled &amp; requested I RESET all my Apple ID info

I realize it must be a scam when site asked me for MOTHER NAME &amp; Bank Info

After browsing frantically Apple Support Communities ( regretted not doing this first) I keyed into APPLE.ca manually, then RESET my Password.

FORWARDED the suspicious email to APPLE plishing as suggested by BobHarris

Thanks for helpful tips &amp; DETAILED instructions

Nov 20, 2013 6:21 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you, Roger - however I did enter information in the data entry fields for ID and password, and it was not "accepted." I used my correct ID and PW. But PW has since been changed.

I opened system preferences to look at security settings, and instead I got an ICloud checklist of Mail, Messages etc to share via Icloud. I couldn't get rid of it - and I had to force quit system prefs, before I could shut down.

I've not turned on the infected machine as of yet, but on my Ipad I keep getting requests popping up to sign into ICloud.

I'm very worried. Argh.

Feb 17, 2014 1:20 PM in response to kimsaw

I got this questionable email today.

Dear Apple Customer,

To get back into your apple account, you’ll need to confirm your account .

It’s easy: Click the link below to open a secure browser window.

Confirm that you’re the owner of the account and then follow the instructions.

The link will expire 72 hours after this email was sent.

Unlock Apple ID >

Questions? There are lots of answers on our Apple ID support page >

If you weren’t trying to reset your password or unlock your Apple ID, don’t worry ! your account is still secure and no one has been given access to it.

Most likely, someone just mistyped their own email address while trying to reset their password.

Thanks,

Apple Customer Support

I entered my account ID and password. It took me to a page to update my credit card info. Of course I did not proceed. I changed my password using Apple official link immediately. Hopefully there are no bad consequences. The first page shown after clinking on the Unlock Apple ID link looks like an official Apple page except the links inside are not active.

Mar 17, 2014 3:01 PM in response to Pacifica2

I got two of these today. Mine is worded exactly like this .

I forwarded it to reportphishing@apple.com and to my AV provider.

It is good to report phishing to your AV company so they can alert others who get this and perhaps try to open it

Anytime you get something asking for information and it is addressed " Dear Customer" beware. If it was from Apple they know our names and our information .

Mar 17, 2014 6:25 PM in response to kimsaw

Never answer or follow any instructions on these kind of emails. If there is anything that needs to be reviewed regarding your Apple ID's it only will ask you to confirm details like that when you sign in on any Apple device with your account or on iTunes when trying to access iTunes Store. If you receive an email like that, you can try and sign out from your account (wherever you might be using it) and then sign in again and if no pop-up message comes up, then it means everything should be ok. If you still would like further reasurance, you can contact Apple Care for confirmation. But I can tell you that Apple never asks you to confirm account details by emails because it is too insecure.

New Phishing Scam? -"customer service apple"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.