Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Movies don't play

So I reinstalled my computer and saved my movies on an external hardrive. Now the movies that I had on iPhoto won't play. I double click the file which is a .MOV file, and it opens but once it opens i hit play and the quicktime says that the movie is 0:00 I hope there is a way to fix this because I deleted the movie

iPhoto '08, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 2:59 PM

21 replies

Nov 17, 2013 8:50 AM in response to Future_filmmaker

I have the same issue. I exported my movie files from iPhoto 11 to my desktop, making sure to set Kind = Original. The files look fine on disk, but when I try to play them they appear to contain only 1 frame and have a length of 0. This applies to MOV and MP4 files. The file sizes look fine.

Luckily I can still play them from within iPhoto - glad I didn't delete them from my iPhoto library before I checked.

Nov 17, 2013 10:04 AM in response to Erik_

Are you positive you used Kind = Original? Select one of the videos in iPhoto and use the File ➙ Reveal in Finder ➙ Original File menu option. Is it there? Then try an export again of that file to see if you can duplicate the problem.

If the problem is duplicated copy the movie file from the Reveal folder to the Desktop, create a new test library, import the file and try again. Does the problem persist?

OT

Dec 25, 2013 1:59 AM in response to Future_filmmaker

I just experienced the same problem. I'm exporting my iPhoto library all as "original" so I can move everything to Lightroom. I luckily didn't delete the iphoto library because I noticed every .mov file is now showing 0:00 with only one frame as a thumbnail on the exported files, yet the original in photo will play normally. I also can drag a particular file onto my desktop with success, but anytime I try to actually export using original or current, it does't actually export any of the video file.

What is the fix for this? I have over 20k files I need to export and I can't possibly go through and ifnd the 700 or so videos I have an individually drag them vs being able to utlize the export feature.

iPhoto Movies don't play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.