Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop safari pop ups?

Every now and then I get a pop up in safari on my ipad, just a small box saying:

http://topappleapp.info

Top Apple games

Free download now, the last day!

The only option I have from here is to click ok, which then redirects me to the App Store to a Bingo Bash app. I Anzac obviously just close this and go back to safari, but the website I was on then disappears and say 'Loading, please wait' but nothing loads. Refreshing doesn't help, neither does the back button.

This has always happened on the same website as far as I can remember - just a site I use for recipes called onegreenplanet.org. I have used this website so many times without any problems, but it is very frustrating when this happens.

I have turned on the 'block pop ups' (which was actually already on when this was happening), cleared history and cookies, then restarted but still get the pop up. Any ideas???

iPad

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 3:12 AM

24 replies

Nov 17, 2013 8:12 PM in response to Megantxu

I have this problem on an iPad 4 (7.0.4) with Safari, tried 'Block Pop-ups' (was already on), 'Clear History', 'Clear Cookies and Data', restart iPad; all to no avail.

There is something about the sites you are visiting, I'm consisitantly getting it for twitchfilm.com, but not others.

Doesn't happen when I navigate to the same site with Safari on an iPhone 5S (7.0.4), or from Safari on an iMac (not surprisingly as it is a link to the App store). I haven't tried using another browser on the iPad.

It is very annoying and has effectively barred me from visting this site due to the reasons given above.

Nov 18, 2013 7:54 PM in response to Megantxu

I had this problem for about a week. The pop-up would send me to the AppStore to purchase Bingo Bash. I emailed the developers of Bingo Bash and told them that because my iPad could no longer perform one if its primary functions (using the internet) I would be taking legal actions and charging them for any costs involved in obtaining a new iPad that had not been corrupted with unavoidable pop-up ads. They replied to me straight away and asked me to send them a screenshot of the pop-up ad. After I sent them the screenshot I have not had anymore pop-up ads and this is my third day without seeing any pop-ups.

Nov 19, 2013 2:37 AM in response to Megantxu

I have had this happen on my Iphone 5, I clicked on a link on my facebook feed (that opened with facebook not as a new page in safari, so it was still linked to facebook) and this exact pop up appeared. (pop ups are blocked in my settings)

I changed my password for facebook on a computer so it would automatically sign me out of my phone, hoping it would get rid of the popup. It hasn’t, it still appears on the facebook app and I can’t sign in on my phone now. (I haven’t pressed OK, as I don’t know what will happen).

Would uninstalling, then reinstalling the facebook app get rid of it or does this mean I will not be able to use facebook on my phone again?

How do I stop safari pop ups?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.