Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning iOS 7.0.4 update bricked my iPhone.

It was plugged in and a pop-up appeared asking to update. I clicked OK and within 1 minute, it flashed a blue screen followed by the 'connect to iTunes' graphic. I'm attempting a recovery now through iTunes and iCloud.

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 8:19 AM

49 replies

Nov 15, 2013 7:00 PM in response to RMAK1A

I can confirm that I had no quote-an-quote unsupported modifications (aka jailbreak) on my phone and it was a perfectly vanilla normal iPhone 5.

It just showed the recovery screen and powering on from the device did not work.

However I found a solution:

Use tinyumbrella (http://www.firmwareumbrella.com/) to forcefully exit out of recovery mode and you'll be fine, running on updated 7.0.4. I'd recommend a full DFU restore after though.

Apple, fix it right now.

Nov 16, 2013 5:29 AM in response to RMAK1A

I upgraded my iPhone 5s to iOS 7.0.4 2 days ago and I woke up this morning with my completely unresponsive I have tried DFU mode and everything else I can think of, if you think there isn't a bug in it you are fooling yourself! I have owned every iPhone since they came out and I have never had this happen! If you want to blaming the user for just upgrading is something a company since to get out of liability! I have already posted on Facebook and Twitter not to update to iOS 7.0.4 and contacted some people like iDownloadblog so that no one else goes through this!

Warning iOS 7.0.4 update bricked my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.