Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar notification stuck in 'Inbox - New'

Dear Apple Support Communities,

I wonder why my girlfriend gets more an more calender notifications, which stay stuck in her 'Inbox - New'.

Example:

I create a new event and add her as participant. She get's the "Accept, Deny, Maybe" notification, which dissappears after she made a choice, but the notification that I created this event stays stuck in her inbox.

P.S.: We share our calenders via iCloud. She can see my calenders and I can see her calenders. No edit-access. Both devices (iPhone 5s) have iOS 7.0.4 installed.

Does anyone of you maybe have a work-around or a fix-option for this issue?

In advance I thank you for your help!

Yours sincerely,

Marc

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4, 32 GB (Space Gray)

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 4:54 AM

This happens to me too. My solution is to unsync and resync with the server:

• go to Settings / Main, Contacts, Callendars
  • in the Accounts group, go to the appropriate account (for me, it always happens with MS Exchange)
  • Switch off Calendars (events will not be synced from this server any more)
  • You will be asked whether you are sure, because it will delete all the events that are currently synced from this server. Don't worry, they will remain on the server. They will be just deleted from your phone, including the stuck invitation.
  • Wait a moment
  • Switch on Calendars again
  • Now you can go to Calendar app. Events from that server will be missing, but will be being downloaded again. After a short while, all the events will be back in your calendar, but the stuck invitation will be cleared.

It has happend to me several times since upgrading to iOS 7.0, say once per month, and it's shame that it was not fixed by iOS 7.1.

30 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2014 4:54 AM in response to Stema001

This happens to me too. My solution is to unsync and resync with the server:

• go to Settings / Main, Contacts, Callendars
  • in the Accounts group, go to the appropriate account (for me, it always happens with MS Exchange)
  • Switch off Calendars (events will not be synced from this server any more)
  • You will be asked whether you are sure, because it will delete all the events that are currently synced from this server. Don't worry, they will remain on the server. They will be just deleted from your phone, including the stuck invitation.
  • Wait a moment
  • Switch on Calendars again
  • Now you can go to Calendar app. Events from that server will be missing, but will be being downloaded again. After a short while, all the events will be back in your calendar, but the stuck invitation will be cleared.

It has happend to me several times since upgrading to iOS 7.0, say once per month, and it's shame that it was not fixed by iOS 7.1.

Feb 27, 2017 6:16 PM in response to Stema001

I was having the same problem, although this is in 2017. :-o I had a little red 1 in a circle on my calendar that I could not get rid of. I tried turning off notifications in settings and turning off my phone and resetting it, blah blah blah...... But HERE is what worked: I opened the calendar and along the bottom of the calendar on the iPhone 7 there's a place that says inbox. So I clicked Inbox and it showed an invitation I had received (A small window at the top) to an event, and then at the bottom of the window there are 3 choices:

Accept, Maybe and Decline, and as soon as I clicked Accept and Done, I closed Calendar and that little red circle was gone!! Yay !!! ;-)

Hope this helps y'all ! God bless! :-)

Nov 27, 2017 4:47 AM in response to rhodesroyce

Have had the problem for literally YEARS. Unsure what circumstances cause the Invitation to get stuck in the notifications inbox but does not occur for all of them. Have an unresolved case ref with Apple going back a long time (aren't all case references unresolved by Apple these days?). Is not device/iOS specific.

Apple live in a state of denial regards ANY bugs with their own software.

Jan 25, 2014 4:23 AM in response to Stema001

Here you can see how it looks like:

Notification stuck in the Inbox of my Calendar: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/856/jcrl.jpg

1 Red Badge on my Home screen, which can not disappear: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/546/3j8n.jpg

The only solution I figured out is to tell the person who added the event to delete it and reinvite me. But this is very annoying for the person who invites me to event and also for myself.

Feb 3, 2014 9:16 PM in response to Stema001

This is a user to user support forum. Generally, if no one has responded to your thread, it means that no one has experienced your problem, and/or no one has a solution to your issue. I can understand your frustration, however posting every 30 days is not going to get you an answer if no one else has posted. If you have email notifications set up for the post, if someone responds, you will get an email. Good luck, and no, I do not use calendars in this manner, so I cannot recommend a solution.

Feb 16, 2014 7:21 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

It can't be true that no one else, expect briansanders74 and me, is having this **** annyoing bug! I'm really ****** off! I can't invite my girlfriend to events or vice-versa without having this disburbing god **** issue!

I hope Apple is fixing this with iOS 7.1! This *****!!!!!

I'm sorry for my parlance, but it's really annoying, beeing the only one with this bug and no one can help me out. I bought Apple products in order NOT to have such issues...

Calendar notification stuck in 'Inbox - New'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.