Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X 10.5 download, where Can I?

Where can I get an original os x 105 installation disk or iso image, etc?

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 4:56 PM

4 replies

Nov 21, 2013 4:21 AM in response to Antonio F

Apple no longer sell it, so you will have to look on eBay or Amazon for a black retail install disk. They currently cost up to $200.

Are you looking to replace the original install disk that came with your Mac? If so:

If you are in the US call Apple Customer Support 1-800-767-2775, provide the Serial Number and specifications of the Mac, and for a reasonable fee, they will supply a replacement set of system discs (if available).

The discs will be for the original version of the OS that was pre-installed when the Mac was manufactured.

If you are in another country:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57

Nov 21, 2013 5:31 AM in response to Antonio F

The only reason you might want 10.5 is compatibility with the most current PowerPC software on a PowerPC Mac (G4 with 867 Mhz or faster up to G5 2.7 Ghz). Users with 10.4 on Intel Macs can jump directly to 10.6 by simply buying a $20 installer disc for 10.6.

The downside to upgrading to 10.5 on a PowerPC machine, is that Classic is disabled. Some PowerPC Macs can boot into 9 and 10.5. All that and more is covered in this tip.

OS X 10.5 download, where Can I?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.