Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie crops the heads off

I cannot get the video to fit in the imove screen. It crops the heads off of people. I have tried to fix it by adjusting the center so it will chop their feet off, but that isn't working. I am taking video that I took from my camera of my my friends birthday and trying to put it in imove. It is a disaster! Can anyone help me?

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 1:48 PM

It sounds like your source footage has a 4:3 aspect ration while iMovie is 16:9 so iMovie is blowing up your picture to fill the frame and cutting off the top (or bottom) of your picture.

See if my post in this thread helps.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5586908

Matt

26 replies

May 15, 2017 3:49 PM in response to wcrtn

I just figured this out with iMovie, but on an iPhone. On the edit page click the movie film strip so it highlights. On the bottom, you will see options like scissors (cut, delete, etc). Up next to the image that shows your video preview, there is a magnifying glass; when you touch that you can pinch or spread your fingers to adjust the zoom of your video. I pinched in to make the video smaller and my children's heads were able to be seen. Hope this helps.

Nov 24, 2013 1:42 PM in response to Matthew Morgan

That didn't help. I don't want to crop any of the video I took I want the entire shot. It wants to crop all my videos and pictures. I've tried fit, crop, moing the stabilizer out of zoom, turning it off. No matter what I do I cannot get the entire shot in the frame. And forget about the ones that are sideways, when I flip them itis a disaster.

iMovie crops the heads off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.