Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my media sync options in my iPhone?

I have added some songs on iTunes on my MacBook Pro, and I'm trying to sync it with my iPhone. Also, got the message an OS upgrade is available. When I tried it said this: "Updating to iOS 7.0.4 requires at least 610 MB of free space on your iPhone. Please change your media sync options to make more storage available." How do I do that?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 1:33 PM

"deleting stuff" doesn't answer the question "how do i change media sync options in my iPhone?"

If anyone has an answer to this questions please respond.

52 replies

Mar 23, 2014 2:00 PM in response to gks7

😉

welcome to the forum ,responses by volunteers .....

Follow the Apple document to start

You need to untick items you sync via iTunes and reduce the space used on the iPhone as in a videos etc etc

If you can do the update via itunes it does all the hard work unpacking the update and pumping the update to the device otherwise the device takes the strain requiring more space than you may have

Apr 13, 2017 5:50 PM in response to Nate_Dogg

Hello!

I have done unticking of everything but nothing gets changed! Each time 710MB are requested to upgrade! I think my photos are all screwed up on my IPhone and they use up 4GB of space! When I tick on photos, followed by an untick on photos, I get a popup from Itunes that asks to remove the photos but they NEVER get removed! Any Ideas here?

--Ralph

May 11, 2014 2:39 PM in response to wegras

Hi, I think I am following what you all have been saying but I have unticked all the catagories that could synch and I still get "Updating to iOS 7.1.1 requires at least 530 MB of free space on your iPhone. Please change your media sync options to make more storage available."

Clearly I must be missing something? I have serached through my settings on phone and shut off most apps and synching and on itunes have unclicked the photo and music synch too. Help!

Mar 23, 2014 1:52 PM in response to wegras

Sorry. No "attitude" intended. Black/White text is difficult to communicate, sans facial expressions & body language, and to address succintly the problem that exists. I didn't want to simply restate the question but wanted to say that "deleting" stuff doesn't help me understand how to change media syncing on the iPhone. I appologize if it came across as "attitude"

Mar 23, 2014 2:03 PM in response to wegras

Thanks for the explanation! Very helpful.

There are several people w/ variations of this same question. Unable to update to iOS7 due to 'space restrictions'.

They are trying to update via iTunes on their respective computers but are still getting the 'not enough space' error message.

Plus, if there's an auto-sync command, they are really feeling lost.

How do I change my media sync options in my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.