Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube page not loading properly in Safari.

Hi, for some reason the youtube page/website is not loading properly in Safari. The thumbnails of videos do not appear; the comments under the videos never finishes loading; and some of the buttons/links (i.e. load more, show more, etc.) do not work. The videos play normally though. Also, when using google chrome, everything loads properly. I've already deleted browsing history and reset Safari but it still won't work. Please help me out. It's really annoying not able to see the thumbnails and read the comments.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 11:25 AM

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Now empty the Safari cache.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now click Develop from the menu bar. From the drop down menu click Empty Caches.

Quit and relaunch Safari. Try the YouTube page.

27 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2013 11:25 AM in response to sra1691

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Now empty the Safari cache.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now click Develop from the menu bar. From the drop down menu click Empty Caches.

Quit and relaunch Safari. Try the YouTube page.

May 8, 2014 2:03 AM in response to sra1691

I am having similar problems (using OS X 10.6.8) which only surfaced this last week. Not only am I getting blank image spaces on my What To Watch page but the buttons i.e. My Channel, Settings, etc are not working on most pages of my account. Initially it worked ok but then just stopped. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I also reinstalled previous version but Adobe (bless em 8$@!!!!!x!?) BOCKED its use. That one had worked fine right up until the new version 13.0.0.206. It works with Firefox but I want use Safari. I'm going to try looking at it with my system discs. Untilities didn't resolve the issue either. I've dumped the Cache, Histories, changed the user agent, Cookies etc. Nonthing seems to work. Any other ideas would be wlecome.

May 9, 2014 2:02 AM in response to riqiv

Hey. Ive had this issue for 2 days now. Im using 10.7.5. & Safari 5.1.7

Youtube say I am brilliant and my browser is capable of supporting it. Same for my OSX

I have re-installed Flash, but alas it still doesnt work. And just the same as 'sra1691' I cannot access my playlist, info, or anything. Just a blank page full of copy. It allows me to watch videos, just rather frustratingly cannot see any preview thumbnails.

Any help muchos aprectiated 🙂

May 9, 2014 4:12 PM in response to peace4

Have finally decided to bite the bullet as I can't see a way past this. Everything I've tried hasn't worked. So today I updated to Mavericks. Its solved the problem. Its annoying that Apple/Flash wont support the older systems but what can you do. No one listens. All they want is to move forward. It all comes down to money really. Anyway, Mavericks seems okay. Took a while to update my iMac and Book but its done and it looks okay. I got a bit angry and shouted at my Mac (shouldn't have done that, not sane behaviour) when I opened Mac Mail and it looked like the mail on my iPad, but luckily it has a classic setting which is frankly much clearer when dealing with a lot of mail. I'm not sure what all the new features are yet but... it looks okay, seems stable and it has dictation (though that needs fixing. Anyone who uses Dragon Dictate will feel frustrated as the commands are few and far between and editing is through the keyboard. I sent a very rude text to Apple about it. Well it only had about 6 commands, three of which seem a bit puerile and amed at 10 year olds which I wont be using...

New Line

New Paragraph

Quote... End Quote

Smiley

Frowney

Winky

I wont be emailing my local MP and peppering my text with a smiley or a frown and especially not a winky which is also little boy slang for p***s! Onward and upward. Anyway over my fear of the new. Thanks for advice. Bon chance.

Youtube page not loading properly in Safari.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.