Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to sync my phone to my iTunes on my computer. Also receive this error message when trying to reload my ipod or iphone. #42404

Have been unable to use my ipod, so tried to sync my iphone to use for audio books and music. Now it won't sync my iphone either and I get this error message which isn't one of the ones listed in help #-42404

debrah012946

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 2:47 PM

Hi debrah012946,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The article below may be able to help you with this.

Click on the link to see more details and screenshots.

iTunes: "Error 42408" or "Error 42404"

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3258?viewlocale=en_US

Cheers,

- Judy

3 replies

Unable to sync my phone to my iTunes on my computer. Also receive this error message when trying to reload my ipod or iphone. #42404

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.