Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fuji raw files support

I've got a macbook air Processore 1,7 GHz Intel Core i5, Grafica Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB, Software OS X 10.9 (13A603), Aperture version 3.5.1, raw 5.01 build 718.1, digital camera raw support 5010, build 91.8.

When browsing thumbnails of the raw files from Fujifilm X100s or Fujifilm xpro-1, the image disappears and a meesage comes out saying that file type is not supported. Sometimes they work for a while than suddenly get into the error and don't work any longer.

Is there a solution or shall I throw away Aperture and move to Adobe?

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Gianluigi

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Macbook Air

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 10:34 AM

10 replies

Dec 10, 2013 11:59 AM in response to Benconti

Hi,

I just got a FujiFilm X-E2 and when I imported the RAW files to Aperture 3.5.1 on a MBP Retina running 10.9 I get the same thing? They appear as thimbnails as long as I don't click on them. Then I get the same Unsupported File Format message.

On Apples's site at http://www.apple.com/aperture/specs/raw.html it says that Fujifilm X-E1 is a supported raw format(plus the xpro-1 & x100). I can't imagine the format is different for other Fuji cameras?

Pat.

Dec 10, 2013 12:16 PM in response to pcoleman

Raw support is camera specific - it needs to take into account the sensor characteristic, and if possible, the lens.

The Fujifilm X-E1: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-e1

Fujifilm X-E1 key features

• 16MP X-Trans CMOS sensor
  • ISO 200-6400, 100 - 25600 expanded (JPEG only)
  • 2.36M dot OLED electronic viewfinder
  • New kit zoom: 18-55mm F2.8-4R
  • Same control layout as X-Pro1, including top-plate shutter speed and exposure compensation dials
  • 2.8" 460k-dot LCD
  • Built-in pop-up flash
  • Full HD movie recording with built-in stereo microphone
  • 2.5mm stereo microphone socket
  • Compatibility with wired remote control units (via either the USB port or mic socket)
  • Available in silver or black

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/fujifilm-x-e2

Fujifilm X-E2 key features

• 16MP X-Trans CMOS II sensor
  • EXR Processor II
  • ISO 200-6400, plus 100 - 25600 expanded (JPEG only)
  • 7 fps continuous shooting; 3 fps with continuous AF
  • Lens Modulation Optimizer (for sharper JPEGs when shooting at large or small apertures)
  • 2.36M dot OLED electronic viewfinder
  • Top-plate analogue shutter speed and exposure compensation dials
  • 3" 1.04M dot 3:2 fixed LCD (non-tilting, not touch-sensitive)
  • Built-in Wi-Fi for image transfer to smartphones or computers
  • Full HD movie recording (1920x1080, 60fps, 36Mbps bitrate), with built-in stereo microphone
  • 2.5mm stereo microphone socket, also accepts electronic remote releases
  • Available in silver or black

The sensors do differ, the lenses are treated differently, the X-E2 can record 14bit raw. It definitely needs a different raw support.

Dec 10, 2013 1:19 PM in response to Benconti

What kind of trouble-shooting have you tried?

After the problem with the NIK plug-ins I'd be suspicious of the integrity of the Aperture library and repair the library, just in case. (Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library)

Also, have you reprocessed the raw images? Seelct the raw images in the Browser and from the main menu bar use: "Photos > Reprocess Originals"

Dec 10, 2013 11:41 PM in response to léonie

I've tried "reprocess originals" several times without any visible effect. Sometimes re-booting the PC and entering again into Aperture worked fine and I was able to recover some of the images. Another option that seems to work in 90% of the cases is to use "export version" and then re-import it.

I haven't tried rebuilding the library as yet, but I'll do it soon and revert back with the results.

Fuji raw files support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.