Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch 4 not charging, can someone help, pls?

Ok Hello guys,

So I have an iPod touch 4 (iOS version: 6.1.5)... it was working really fine until last night, my iPod touch suddenly won't charge even after I plugged the USB wire to charge.

I try to check whether it's the charger's problem or my device's problem by using my sister's iPod touch 4... it works on her ipod and a charging icon is shown.

Then I plugged the USB wire to connect with my computer to see if my iPod touch will charge, it also works.

So to conclude,

my ipod touch can only charge itself when I plug the USB wire into the computer...

can anyone help???? i would appreciate so much

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 12:56 AM

3 replies

Dec 12, 2013 5:07 AM in response to cwong_hkg

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Dec 13, 2013 5:11 AM in response to cwong_hkg

Place the iPod in recovery mode using one of these programs and then trya restoring via iTunes:

For PC

RecBoot: Easy Way to Put iPhone into Recovery Mode

If necessary:

Download QTMLClient.dll & iTunesMobileDevice.dll for RecBoot

and

RecBoot tip

For MAC or PC

The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod touch 4 not charging, can someone help, pls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.