Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 5 was stolen in Mexico

My iphone5 was stolen at gunpoint in Mexico, I live in the US and was just visiting Mexico City. I called my phone company (ATT) and reported it stolen right away. I didn't know how "find my phone" feature worked so didn't do anything else, wanted to erase or block my phone but didn't know how to. Once I came back got a new Iphone and activated under my same ICloud/Apple ID acct. I now downloaded "find my phone" app but accidentally deleted the old devices, they were marked on "gray" as if they were "disabled" and didn't think it mattered. How can I erase or block info on my stolen phone? Is there still a way to do it? I went to my app again and I can't find anything other than the phone I am currently using, I would like to pull back the stolen device and erase it. PLEASE HELP! thank you!

iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 8:05 AM

6 replies

Dec 13, 2013 8:19 AM in response to dianaymundo

The Find my iPhone app is ONLY for finding other iPhones... it has nothing to do with your lost iPhone.

The only way to find a lost iOS device is to use the Find my iPhone app or www.icloud.com. For this to work, you have to enable this feature (Settings > iCloud) on the lost device prior to loss. If you didn't do this, there is no way to find it. Also, if the device is off, there's no way to find it. Neither Apple nor your carrier will find it for you.

Setup Find my iPhone: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2697

Here's a good tip from Kappy on what to do if you device is lost or stolen:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3362

Good luck.

Dec 14, 2013 11:49 AM in response to dianaymundo

I understand that find my phone will let me "track" it, but that's not what I want to do now. My phone had "find my phone" installed and I want to "erase" it (not find it). When I go to "find my phone" app or www.icloud.com that stolen device is NOT listed. It was but I deleted in error, not realizing I could still use it. My question is "is there any way I can re-list my device" so I can then erase it? (I went to the website and it says to enable find my phone on the device BUT obviously, I don't have the device with me anymore, so wondering if there is any OTHER way to re-list the device so I can erase it, maybe it could be tracked by appleID or something). Thank you!

Apr 5, 2014 11:57 PM in response to dianaymundo

there is no way

u already erase it so apple think its not yours any more , like u sell it to other person .

once u erase an iphone from the list u can not track or locate or connect to it any more

so when u can not connect it how u wanna erase uts data ?

so there is no way . sorry . i lost my iphone too . the stole it from me in china . i had find my iphone programme on my stolen device, but the thief know very well that he should not connect to intenet so i will never find my iphone again ,

its the apple company mistake , if there was a way that we report the serial number of our stolen iphone ( on the box) and apple lock it forever all the thiefs known that stealing an iphone has no use for them

i dont know why they dont do this .

My Iphone 5 was stolen in Mexico

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.