Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't clear iCloud notification badges in iPhoto?

I have iPhoto 11 / 9.5 and I can't seem to clear the iCloud notification badge when I get new photos from a shared stream. I think this is happening when I view the photos on my iPhone or iPad, and not in iPhoto on the Mac.

The icon shows a 1 badge, there is a #1 next to iCloud under Shared in iPhoto, and the stream itself shows a blue dot. But when I open the stream, I don't see any new photos. I go through every new photo to mark them as viewed, and it doesn't help.

Anybody else have this problem?

iMac, iPhone, ipad, iOS 4

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 10:36 AM

I believe it means a new comment on a photo - look for that

LN

25 replies

Dec 23, 2013 4:23 AM in response to paulmeyers42

I am having the same problem. I try to see if there are any comments in the 'Info" panel, but there are none. I know that people have clicked "like" on some of the pictures as a little blue window appears on the picture itself. But as I said there are no comments and the number 1 on my IPhoto icon never goes away even though I have opened each picture several times.

Update: I had to close IPhoto and re-open it to view all the comments and the 1 on my IPhoto icon is gone.

Dec 26, 2013 4:26 PM in response to paulmeyers42

I had this problem also and someone else alterted me to this thread. My problem appears to have been resolved, but I'm not sure how. I can confirm that I did an iPhoto sw update to version 9.5.1 on 12/15, closed the app and haven't opened it from then till today. It has been resolved today after opening the app again. Good luck to all. Happy holidays!

I've been using Mavericks 10.9 (FYI)

Jan 2, 2014 11:34 PM in response to paulmeyers42

I have iPhoto 9.5.1 and Mavericks too and had the same symptom. I tried the suggestions on this post but they did not work for me. I managed to clear the "1" badge by clicking on each photo that my invited subscribers had "liked". Seemed a bit tedious, as there were quite a few likes, but it worked. Maybe there's a quicker way of achieving the same thing.

Can't clear iCloud notification badges in iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.