Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

501 0D error, and My macbook pro sudennly super slow.

Hello!

I´ve got the Macbook pro 13, mid 2012. Suddenly it became super slow. Out of nowhere I swear.

I tried resetting SMC, Pram.

I tried to AHT - and got the 501 0D error.

I tried to reinstall OS X Mavericks - It took me almost 16 hours.

I checked disk utility and repair it, repair permission.

And it is still super slow. Boot up time is long. System is very slow. And I see a lot of beach ball.

What do you think it could be?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2013 1:45 PM

please help!!

8 replies

Dec 18, 2013 5:07 PM in response to insarjuss

If you don't already have a current backup, back up all data before doing anything else. This procedure is a diagnostictest. It changes nothing, for better or worse, and therefore will not, in itself, solve your problem. The backup is necessary in case your startup drive is failing.

Third-party system modifications are a common cause of usability problems. By a “system modification,” I mean software that affects the operation of other software — potentially for the worse. The procedure will help identify which such modifications you've installed, as well as some other aspects of the configuration that may be related to the problem. Don’t be alarmed by the seeming complexity of these instructions — they’re easy to carry out.

If possible, these steps should be taken while booted in “normal” mode, not in safe mode. If you’re now running in safe mode, reboot as usual before continuing. If you can only boot in safe mode, you can still use this procedure, but not all of it will work. Be sure to mention that in your reply, if you haven't already done so.

Below are instructions to enter UNIX shell commands. The commands are safe and do nothing but produce human-readable output, but they must be entered exactly as given in order to work. If you question the safety of the procedure suggested here — which you should — search this site for other discussions in which it’s been followed without any report of ill effects. I am not asking you to trust me. If you can't satisfy yourself that these instructions are safe, don't follow them.

The commands will line-wrap or scroll in your browser, but each one is really just a single long line, all of which must be selected. You can accomplish this easily by triple-clicking anywhere in the line. The whole line will highlight, and you can then copy it.

Note: If you have more than one user account, Step 2 must be taken as an administrator. Ordinarily that would be the user created automatically when you booted the system for the first time. Step 1 should be taken as the user who has the problem, if different. Most personal Macs have only one user, and in that case this paragraph doesn’t apply.

Launch the Terminal application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Terminal in the icon grid.

When you launch Terminal, a text window will open with a line already in it, ending either in a dollar sign (“$”) or a percent sign (“%”). If you get the percent sign, enter “sh” and press return. You should then get a new line ending in a dollar sign.

Step 1

Triple-click anywhere in the line of text below on this page to select it:

PB=/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy; PR () { [[ "$o" ]] && printf '\n%s:\n%s\n' "$1" "$o"; }; PF () { o=$($PB -c Print "$2" | awk -F'= ' \/$3'/{print $2}'); PR "$1"; }; { o=$(kextstat -kl | grep -v com\\.apple | cut -c53- | cut -d\< -f1); PR "Loaded extrinsic kernel extensions"; o=$(launchctl list | sed 1d | awk '!/0x|com\.apple|org\.(x|openbsd)|\.[0-9]+$/{print $3}'); PR "Loaded extrinsic user agents"; o=$(launchctl getenv DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES); PR "Inserted libraries"; o=$(crontab -l); PR "User cron tasks"; o=$(cat /e*/lau*); PR "Global launchd configuration"; o=$(cat ~/.lau*); PR "Per-user launchd configuration"; PF "Global login items" /L*/P*/loginw* Path; PF "Per-user login items" L*/P*/*loginit* Name; PF "Safari extensions" L*/Saf*/*/E*.plist Bundle | sed 's/\..*$//;s/-[1-9]$//'; o=$(find ~ $TMPDIR.. \( -flags +sappnd,schg,uappnd,uchg -o ! -user $UID -o ! -perm -600 \) | wc -l); [[ $o -eq 0 ]] || printf "\nRestricted user files: %s\n" $o; cd; o=$(find -L /S*/L*/E* {,/}L*/{A*d,Compon,Ex,In,Keyb,Mail/Bu,P*P,Qu,Scripti,Servi,Spo}* -type d -name Contents -prune | while read d; do ID=$($PB -c 'Print :CFBundleIdentifier' "$d/Info.plist"); ID=${ID:-No bundle ID}; egrep -qv "^com\.apple\.[^x]|Accusys|ArcMSR|ATTO|HDPro|HighPoint|driver\.stex|hp-fax|JMicron|microsoft\.MDI|print|SoftRAID" <<< $ID && printf '%s (%s)\n' "${d%/Contents}" "$ID"; done); PR "Extrinsic loadable bundles"; o=$(find /u*/{,*/}lib -type f -exec sh -c 'file -b "$1" | grep -qw shared && ! codesign -v "$1"' {} {} \; -print); PR "Unsigned shared libraries"; for d in {,/}L*/{La,Priv,Sta}* L*/Fonts; do o=$(ls -A "$d"); PR "$d"; done; } 2> /dev/null | pbcopy; echo $'\nStep 1 done'

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Then click anywhere in the Terminal window and paste (command-V). I've tested these instructions only with the Safari web browser. If you use another browser, you may have to press the return key after pasting.

The command may take up to a few minutes to run, depending on how many files you have and the speed of the computer. Wait for the line "Step 1 done" to appear below what you entered. The output of the command will be automatically copied to the Clipboard. If the command produced no output, the Clipboard will be empty. Paste into a reply to this message. No typing is involved in this step.

Step 2

Remember that you must be logged in as an administrator for this step. Do as in Step 1 with this line:

PR () { [[ "$o" ]] && printf '\n%s:\n%s\n' "$1" "$o"; }; { o=$(sudo launchctl list | sed 1d | awk '!/0x|com\.(apple|openssh|vix\.cron)|org\.(amav|apac|calendarse|cups|dove|isc|ntp|post[fg]|x)/{print $3}'); PR "Loaded extrinsic daemons"; o=$(sudo defaults read com.apple.loginwindow LoginHook); PR "Login hook"; o=$(sudo crontab -l); PR "Root cron tasks"; o=$(syslog -k Sender kernel -k Message CReq 'GPU |hfs: Ru|I/O e|find tok|n Cause: -|NVDA\(|pagin|timed? ?o' | tail | awk '/:/{$4=""; print}'); PR "Log check"; } 2> /dev/null | pbcopy; echo $'\nStep 2 done'

This time you'll be prompted for your login password, which you do have to type. Nothing will be displayed when you type it. Type it carefully and then press return. You may get a one-time warning to be careful. Heed that warning, but don't post it. If you see a message that your username "is not in the sudoers file," then you're not logged in as an administrator.

You can then quit Terminal.

To prevent confusion, I'll repeat: When you type your password in the Terminal window, you won't see what you're typing.

Note: If you don’t have a login password, set one before taking Step 2. If that’s not possible, skip the step.

Important: If any personal information, such as your name or email address, appears in the output of these commands, anonymize it before posting. Usually that won't be necessary.

Remember, Steps 1 and 2 are all copy-and-paste — type only your password. Also remember to post the output.

Dec 18, 2013 5:54 PM in response to Linc Davis

Btw. Could it be a hardware issue? I tried SMART utility and it said my hard drive passed. Meyby motherboard?

Here is output:

STEP 1.

Loaded extrinsic user agents:

com.paragon.ntfs.upd

com.paragon.ntfs.trial

com.oracle.java.Java-Updater

com.spotify.webhelper

com.google.keystone.user.agent

com.facebook.videochat.insarjussupov.updater

Global login items:

/Library/Application Support/ArcSoft/Connect Service/ConnectService.app

Restricted user files: 38

Extrinsic loadable bundles:

Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/SkypeABDialer.bundle (com.skype.skypeabdialer)

Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/SkypeABSMS.bundle (com.skype.skypeabsms)

Library/Internet Plug-Ins/FacebookVideoCalling.bundle (com.skype.FacebookVideoCalling)

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/A52Codec.component (com.shepmater.A52Codec)

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Flip4Mac WMA Import.component (net.telestream.wmv.import)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin (com.macromedia.Flash Player.plugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flip4Mac WMV Plugin.plugin (net.telestream.wmv.plugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin (com.oracle.java.JavaAppletPlugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/SharePointBrowserPlugin.plugin (com.microsoft.sharepoint.browserplugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/SharePointWebKitPlugin.webplugin (com.microsoft.sharepoint.webkitplugin)

/Library/PreferencePanes/Flash Player.prefPane (com.adobe.flashplayerpreferences)

/Library/PreferencePanes/Flip4Mac WMV.prefPane (net.telestream.wmv.prefpane)

/Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefPane (com.oracle.java.JavaControlPanel)

/Library/PreferencePanes/Launchpad-Control.prefPane (de.chaosspace.Launchpad-Control)

/Library/PreferencePanes/NTFSforMacOSX.prefPane (com.paragon-software.filesystems.ntfs.prefpanel)

/Library/PreferencePanes/Perian.prefPane (org.perian.PerianPane)

/Library/QuickTime/AC3MovieImport.component (com.cod3r.ac3movieimport)

/Library/QuickTime/Flip4Mac WMV Advanced.component (net.telestream.wmv.advanced)

/Library/QuickTime/Flip4Mac WMV Export.component (net.telestream.wmv.export)

/Library/QuickTime/Flip4Mac WMV Import.component (net.telestream.wmv.import)

/Library/QuickTime/Perian.component (org.perian.Perian)

/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax (No bundle ID)

Unsigned shared libraries:

/usr/lib/libUFSDNTFS.dylib

Library/LaunchAgents:

com.adobe.AAM.Updater-1.0.plist

com.facebook.videochat.insarjussupov.plist

com.google.keystone.agent.plist

com.spotify.webhelper.plist

/Library/LaunchAgents:

com.adobe.AAM.Updater-1.0.plist

com.oracle.java.Java-Updater.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons:

com.adobe.SwitchBoard.plist

com.adobe.fpsaud.plist

com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper.plist

com.oracle.java.Helper-Tool.plist

org.eyebeam.SelfControl.plist

/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools:

com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper

org.eyebeam.SelfControl

scheckup

Library/Fonts:

Pennsylvania-Bold 2.otf

Pennsylvania-Regular 2.otf

STEP 2

Loaded extrinsic daemons:

com.oracle.java.Helper-Tool

com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper

com.adobe.SwitchBoard

com.adobe.fpsaud

Log check:

Dec 18 22:51:27 kernel[0] <Debug>: PM notification timeout (pid 319, Final Cut Pro)

Dec 19, 2013 12:15 AM in response to insarjuss

This doesn't look like a software issue.

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

Back up all data on the internal drive(s) before you hand over your computer to anyone. There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional — ask if you need guidance.

If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

501 0D error, and My macbook pro sudennly super slow.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.