Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't search for contact by the serach bar

I am using ios 7 the latest upgrade. from to-day I can't serach for contacts. When I type in the search bar a name, even a full name it gives the notification of "no results". I tried to restore the iphone but it did'nt help. what should I do to have a quick search? The only way to find a contact, to day, is to search through the whole list of contacts and it is so annoying! can some one help me??? P L E A S E !!!!!!!

iPhone 4, iOS 5, The same question for IPAD 1

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 2:24 PM

settings - general - spotlight search - is contact checked?

61 replies

Dec 20, 2013 5:16 AM in response to dovalefromyavne

I made now an update of the ios 7, restart, restore.... now I have a partial search. There are names that I can find through search, others I have to find in the whole list. For example I can find my daughter's name by the search, but her husbands name (same family name) i can't find throgh search, only by looking in the whole list.

When i put a new contact, I can find it by search. Can some one tell me what is happening?

I can't search for contact by the serach bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.