Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps won't finish processing in iTunes after updating them

I'm trying to update my apps through iTunes on my laptop. It updates the app then freezes in the processing of the file. Any way to fix this or stop it from happening?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 5:37 PM

28 replies

Dec 20, 2013 5:41 AM in response to Kthulhu1028

Same issue- tried updating all apps as usual, started fine, then stopped with a bunch left to go, 3 show processing file, but never go past that point. Tried quiting iTunes, but it won't so I force quit it, then tried one app only, but it got stuck as well.

The only thing I did differently is I had a "new" iPad 2 teathered at the time all the trouble started, and was updating its software as well. Now it is not connected, iTunes restrated, but problem persists.

Also, just noticed that all songs in all playlists, including Music (main one) do not appear (they look empty!)- numbers show counts, Control clicking on "3 lines" at top of iTunes at least lets me click on next song & music plays fine, but iTunes 11 which was previously just a poor substitute for iTunes 10 is now 95% dead in the water.

OS 10.6.8, iTunes 11.1.3.

Apps won't finish processing in iTunes after updating them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.