Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to activate my pbs video on Apple TV ??

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 7:34 AM

Did you not see the button in the PBS app labeled "Activate your AppleTV"? It tells you the exact steps to go though.

31 replies

Dec 28, 2013 8:46 AM in response to big bob 2000

Use Safari on iPad and search pbs.org/activate. That is the only way I could get it to work (Google/Yahoo searches from my PC were ineffective in getting me to the site). As part of registration, you will need to use facebook or PBS to create a user account (probably so they can add you to their fundraising list). Once registration is complete on site, you will need to check your e-mail or facebook to confirm registration.

Good luck.

Jan 19, 2014 8:56 AM in response to big bob 2000

Hello. I just bought APPLE TV and I am having a lot of trouble with PBS. I have registered for a PBS account and used the activiation code to register for PBS. It worked once, but the next time I went to watch PBS it asked me to register again with a new activation code. Then when I finished the process it said REGISTERATION SUCCESSFUL but did not do anything on my television. The activation code remained.

I am very frustrated because one of the main reasons I invested in APPLE TV was for the PBS link.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

Jan 19, 2014 9:13 AM in response to sjboucher

Same problems here. I had activated in the past, it worked just fine. Went to watch PBS today and it prompted again for activation. Tried reactivation: no joy. Reset AppleTV, reactivated again with new code: no joy. Reset and reactivated a third time, setting up new PBS account in the process: no joy.

The only thing I can think of is that I recently upgraded to a new router, which resulted in a new IP address. Perhaps PBS has set its activation gateway to only recognize a particular AppleTV from a single IP address, and is now blocking my box because of the change in IP. While this seems very unlikely, it's all I can think of.

It seems PBS is simply no longer available on AppleTV. Quite sad.

Jan 19, 2014 9:52 AM in response to big bob 2000

I have spent just over an hour, cycling through all of the instructions and following others' suggestions and comments. I have my iphone and my ipad in my lap. Have tried everything possible, including changing or updating all passwords. Have received at least 2 responses of "Activation Successful," but nothing has changed on my appletv. Am now at least comforted by prior post stating it had worked in the past. Something must have happened nearly overnight. Sigh. Admittedly a first world problem. So I will move on to counting my blessings.

Jan 19, 2014 11:51 AM in response to big bob 2000

Just went back to appletv. Screen read: Activation Failed, and asked if I wanted to try again, and below .i saw a new activation code. While I was searching both devices for the activation page, which is incredibly difficult to access---- poof! PBS appeared on my TV screen. go figure. I can't explain what happened. Except the passage of time. Continuing success to others.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.