Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xamarin

Hi Mac/iOS developers,

What is your idea about Xamarin technology? Those of you who are accustomed to Objective-C and Xcode, have you ever thought about to use Xamarin Studio and start to. Code in C#, for the sake of writing simpler code, or easier debugging?

In my opinion, a strong Mac/iOS developer, should have a solid understanding of Cocoa/Cocoa Touch design patterns, which is not achieved, unless he/she is at least a good Objective-C programmer. And it requires to be a good C programmer; something that almost all C# programmers are not.

I want to know your idea about that and I will post more if the disscussion gets warm.

Waiting for experienced C and Objective-C programmers to participate.

Thank you in advanced before you take your time to write in this thread.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Late 2011

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 4:05 PM

1 reply

Dec 21, 2013 4:09 PM in response to Mani Hamedani

I write all of my iOS apps in straight Objective-C and Xcode.

Using anything else introduces unnecessary complexity and overhead.

Understanding the iOS frameworks is essential; this is the part that the third party tools try to hide and make easy to use.

Plus if you use non-Apple developemnt tools, don't look to Apple (or here) for help when those third party tools cause problems.

Xamarin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.