Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer games onto a new device without losing game progress?

Okay so here's the thing. I have an iPod Touch (4th generation) and I am going to be getting an iPad mini. How do I transfer games onto my new iPad without losing my game progress? I have a lot of high scores on some of the games and i am also on high levels in some of the games and i do not want to restart them!! To be clear let's say I have Cut the rope and i am on level 13 so how do i transfer the game from my ipod to my ipad without losing the levels and having to restart the game????????????

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

I DON'T WANT TO RESTART EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 4:16 PM

22 replies

Jan 7, 2014 9:08 PM in response to MCAHIA12

Everything I've read on this subject so far leads me to believe that it DOESN'T SAVE GAME PROGRESS. I am not certain of this, just what I gather from reading the "Backup" process. I too am looking for a way to save my game progress so I can go to a new device. If there is anyone out in this lonely world who can shed some light on and put our minds at ease please enlighten us.

Jan 8, 2014 3:00 AM in response to MCAHIA12

I found a way and it's easy as any game progress is saved to the GAME CENTER on ur apple device

Just make sure that u r signed in the game center on ur old device then when u get ur new device

download ur games again and sign in game center with the SAME APPLE I.D of the old device

then open the game and their it is ur game progress is back .

Feb 13, 2014 10:06 AM in response to MCAHIA12

Hi Khookha10, tdoo,

Game Center does NOT save your progress at ALL. It will save you achievements but not your progress.

As far as restoring your iphone to the ipad, I haven't tested it because I dont want to lose progress on some games I currently have on my ipad air, so I have decided to not try it and risk it. I know there is a way to transfer angry birds progress, but as far as other games/apps. I think you are out of luck

All the best,

sjryogi

Feb 13, 2014 2:52 PM in response to sjryogi

Hi sjryogi ,

Regarding the game progress, i tried and it do work .

You can try it

Take any apple device and download any game that you are playing already on your device

Sign in game center with your APPLE ID on the new device and open the game

U will find it the same as you play it in your device with the same progress .

You can test it without any risk at all

How do I transfer games onto a new device without losing game progress?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.