Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

To All USB Users Missing the Record Button

I would consider holding off doing anything until Apple releases the next Logic and/or operating system update. It IS NOT necessarily the fault of the device you own. It's not wise to spend money unnecessarily until the confusion is cleared up.

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 8:58 AM

63 replies

Dec 28, 2013 6:22 PM in response to Pancenter

Its also worth noting that if you have a M-Audio device and are 'missing' the record button, several users have reported that installing the latest drivers from Avid (who now support many of the older M-Audio devices) seems to fix the issue. There are even drivers for some M-Audio devices now that originally didn't need drivers....

The drivers can be found here....

http://www.avid.com/US/search?q=Fast%20track%20drivers&site=&filter=0&subfilters =

Dec 30, 2013 11:10 AM in response to educim

educim wrote:

I don't think it's a matter of USB drivers. I can record using Quick Time but I can't record using Logic. So Logic is the problem.

Right, something changed in LPX 10.0.5 that prevents certain USB2 devices from being recognised correctly but... some people who have certain M-Audio devices, have stated that using the latest drivers from Avid fixes the issue for them.... so give them a try if you are running Mavericks...

Dec 30, 2013 12:08 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

The Art Of Sound wrote:

Some people who have certain M-Audio devices, have stated that using the latest drivers from Avid fixes the issue for them.... so give them a try if you are running Mavericks...

Yes, drivers will help.. I spoke to a longtime developer of 3rd party plugins and the conflict seems to be between Apple's latest built-in USB driver and Logic. It does not affect most (if not all) other audio applications. It's not only audio interfaces but many other types of USB 2.0 devices that would interface the the latest Mavericks/Logic combination. (Keyboards...etc). Whether it's an intentional design change or not is unknown.

Dec 30, 2013 9:26 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

The Art Of Sound wrote:

Pancenter wrote:

The Art Of Sound wrote:

So.. I wonder why some and not all driverless USB2 devices.....

Or why the devices that don't work in Logic Pro work in all of the other audio/midi applications.

Yes.. Extremely confusing at the moment as to what is really going on....

There's also the fact that the Devices in question are recognized (and work) by the operating system and can be chosen in Logic the just aren't seen as being able to record.

Dec 30, 2013 11:03 PM in response to Pancenter

There's also the fact that the Devices in question are recognized (and work) by the operating system and can be chosen in Logic the just aren't seen as being able to record.

..and why is it only some and not all USB 2 audio devices that Logic doesn't see correctly.....One has to assume it has to be something to do with class compliant/driverless operation but then again, why do not all driverless USB 2 Audio devices have this issue with Logic 10.0.5?

Having said that, it could be down to devices that have firmware onboard doing much the same thing as drivers rather than using drivers themselves.... as I suspect thats the case with the iConnectMidi2+ which works just fine but i have contacted the Devs of that device to see if that's the case....

Has any other driverless USB 2 audio device been found to operate with 10.0.5 successfully? I don't have anything else here I could test unfortunately...the only other USB 2 class compliant devices I have are midi only... and they work just fine of course.

All in all, in some ways, it makes absolutely no sense at all... because I sense we are missing some info that would explain it..

To All USB Users Missing the Record Button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.