Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't uninstall icloud control panel from my pc

I am returning a pc and want to uninstall the icloud control panel...keep getting fatal error message and it won't uninstall.

Posted on Dec 30, 2013 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 9:55 AM

To uninstall iCloud from a PC you have to re-run Apple's Icloud download (http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1455). The download's installer will give you the option to repair or remove iCloud. It cannot be removed through Windows control panel.

77 replies

Jan 24, 2014 6:41 AM in response to srahoosier

srahoosier wrote:

To uninstall iCloud from a PC you have to re-run Apple's Icloud download (http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1455). The download's installer will give you the option to repair or remove iCloud. It cannot be removed through Windows control panel.

My original post should have said IF it cannot be removed through Windows control panel. In my case, the original installation was not completed, so when I followed "Csound1's" suggestion I got an error message about not being able to locate files.

Jan 24, 2014 10:00 AM in response to Csound1

I replied to myself because I had more information on the problem, not as a response to you personally.

After searching online and not finding a solution that would allow me to remove the ICC panel (which was not functional) from my PC, I was trying to be helpful to others who may experience the same problem. It was/is not my intention to question the method you suggest, it just would not work for me.

Aug 26, 2015 8:58 PM in response to srahoosier

I recently noted that iCloud was hogging my uplink bandwidth so decided to uninstall it. I downloaded the iCloudSetup as suggested but I get an error every time I try to remove iCloud. It says that "another installation is in progress" which it isn't as far as I can see. OK, I rebooted the system and first up, tried again and got the same response. I HAVE signed out of iCloud and there are NO iCloud processes running so what is causing the problem?

I'm running Windows 10 x64 and have no other issues. Any advice would be appreciated.

User uploaded file

Sep 24, 2015 4:26 PM in response to wilf21

I would have hoped that Apple would want to keep us locked into the ecosystem otherwise why would iCloud for windows exist? Just to contribute to the list of users having this issue, I had previously installed iCloud for windows on a new windows 10 pc. I had it working with Office 2013 but the other day Office 2016 became available through office 365 and so I updated. Now, iCLoud for windows doesn't work and cannot be repaired, removed or installed either through control panel or by running the installer. It ALWAYS ends up with this error message.User uploaded file

If anyone has a solution or if Apple are planning a fix to the installer, I would appreciate the help as I really would like to continue my link to the Apple ecosystem on my PC as well as my other devices.

Cheers in advance.

can't uninstall icloud control panel from my pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.