Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fonts Not Displayed in Font Book

Since installing Mavericks, Font Book doesn't display the fonts that are installed on my Mac.

It won't display the fonts that were installed, system or other. The fonts that I had transferred over from my previous Mac show up in any program, like Pages or Sibelius, but they aren't being shown in Font Book. When I start Font Book, there are various collections that I have made listed on the left hand side but the right hand portion of the window always says "No fonts selected."

I had tried rebooting and emptying the cache, repairing the disk, and re-installing Mavericks. None of these seemed to help. I hear of people having problems when they hit 1000 fonts, but I have maybe 300 at most. Also, the program doesn't seem to freeze, it just doesn't seem to do anything.

Any recommendations?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Maxed out!

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 5:43 PM

25 replies

Jan 1, 2014 6:21 PM in response to RowBear

If I had this problem, my first action would be to delete the .plist for Font Book.

It's in the Users Library, which unfortunately, is hard to find now.

But go to the Finder, click on the "GO" menu while holding down the Option key. In the resulting list, choose "Library."

Click on the "Preferences" library, and then go down to com.apple.FontBook.plist. Select that folder and take it to the trash.

Restart your Mac, and then select the FontBook app.

Any better?

Jan 1, 2014 6:23 PM in response to TildeBee

Okay, this is different, but I had gotten this notice before and nothing seemed to help this either.

"Multiple copies of this font are installed." with two buttons "Resolve Automatically" or "Resolve Manually." Also, no fonts are displayed. So, it is saying that multiple copies of a particular font are installed, but I have no clue as to which one it's talking about.

When I got these options before, neither seemed to do anything.

User uploaded file

Jan 1, 2014 6:47 PM in response to TildeBee

Sorry for the break there. I was waiting for your response so I didn't press something I shouldn't have! I'm glad I did too. I got four Palantio fonts that were duplicates. I sent the duplicates to the Trash Can.

Still, no other fonts are displayed, even if I click on collections or "All Fonts" on the left.

Fonts Not Displayed in Font Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.