Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10 GB of Corrupted Data

So today I attempted to update my phone from iOS 7.0 to 7.0.4. Near the end of the update I got an error message on my iTunes (I believe it was error 006, but I could be wrong) and my phone became frozen in the updating screen with the loading bar. iTunes suggested that I restore my phone to factory settings and then restore it again with a backup from earlier today, which I proceeded to do. Upon restoring my phone and attempting to sync all my data, I got an error message saying that I did not have enough room on my phone for everything and that I needed to delete 4 GB of data.

At this point I realized that my phone had 10 GB of "Other" clogging up all the space. Before this whole debacle my "Other" section was approximately half a gigabyte, if even. Now it's preventing me from accessing any of my beloved music on my phone. I scoured the various settings on my iTunes and my phone in an attempt to find a solution, but to avail. I tried restoring my phone to a backup from earlier today only to find that the 10 GB of Other was still present. In one last desparate attempt, I tried to restore my phone to a backup from September that I had created prior to updating to iOS 7. To my dismay, this failed as well.

Long story short, I have 10 GB of corrupted data on my phone that refuses to go away despite all my attempts. I'm tired and desparate guys, is there anything I can do. Or should I just give up and live with the 10 gigs? It seems unescapable at this point.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 8:33 PM

4 replies

Jan 4, 2014 4:25 AM in response to DDJ319

I hopefully have a solution for you as prior to writing this, i too had 10g of "other." My solution was actually quite simple.. Remove all music and sync, and then re sync the music back on. It actually fixed this is uner 2 minutes(yes un-installing, and re-installing music) for some reason was done extemely quick, and I now have 1.3g of "other" I think it was syncing songs twice..I really hope this helps you as i was extremely frustrated myself until i fixed it.

10 GB of Corrupted Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.