Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting a message on startup saying 'Do you want the application "KodakAiOBonjourAgent .app" to accept incoming network connections?' It says settings may be changed in the Firewall pane of Security? Doesn't matter what I click (Deny/Submit).

I keep getting a message on startup saying 'Do you want the application "KodakAiOBonjourAgent .app" to accept incoming network connections?' It says settings may be changed in the Firewall pane of Security but I don't see how. Doesn't matter what I click (Deny/Submit). The message still pops up on starup. I have a Kodak printer and am running Mavericks but I don't think it started when I upgraded.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 2:55 AM

32 replies

Jan 4, 2014 3:15 AM in response to jimherbert15

Yes it matter which one you click. If you click Deny then that app won't be allowed to accept incoming connections from the NET. If you select Submit then it can. You make the choice whether to allow it or not.

I would think that app is trying to communicate with the Kodak servers for something. Might be to check if the printer you have needs a firmware or print driver software update.

Personally I don't allow anything to Auto Update. To many bad experiences with faulty updates even from Apple.

You can also stop that App from starting with your system.

Jan 27, 2014 7:42 PM in response to nottalotta

so looking at the advice here, http://blog.teamleadnet.com/2012/10/fixing-do-you-want-application.html,

I ran the codesign command as suggested and got this output:

XX-iMac:~ John$ codesign -vvv /Library/Printers/Kodak/AiO_Printers/KodakAiOBonjourAgent.app

/Library/Printers/Kodak/AiO_Printers/KodakAiOBonjourAgent.app: code object is not signed at all

In architecture: ppc

XX-iMac:~ John$

Firewall settings still look OK, but clearly they're not having the desired effect.

Jul 22, 2014 3:07 PM in response to SamGibsonUK

I just went to the "Security & Privacy" in the "Settings," unlocked my tiny lock, had to "turn off Firewall," clicked on "Advanced" and saw the "KodakAiOBonjourAgent.app" thingy. I clicked the tiny minus sign to remove it from the list. Don't know if that will help, but I'm going back to turn the Firewall back on and then relock the tiny lock.

Oct 14, 2014 5:43 AM in response to jimherbert15

I have found the solution to this problem,

Go to finder - applications - find the AIO home centre application - right click the application and select 'show package contents' or 'show files' - once you are inside the files find the file named Kodak Bonjour Agent - move it to the trash and empty the trash.

That should remove the annoying message whilst still giving you full functionality with your Kodak printer. I actually removed the whole AIO centre and it still prints fine.

Very annoying that Kodak forces you to install so much rubbish.

Nov 5, 2014 7:32 AM in response to jimherbert15

Just fixed this on my machine, the easiest way to remove this pop-up assuming you are no longer needing that software to print is the following:

1. Open Finder
  2. Go > Go To Folder...
  3. Type In: "~/Library/Application Support"
  4. Delete All Folders Named Kodak

1. Open System Preferences
  2. Go to "Security & Privacy"
  3. Click the lock and enter your admin password
  4. Click the Firewall Tab
  5. Go to "Firewall Options..."
  6. Find KodakAiO
  7. Right-click KodakAiOBonjourAgent or equivalent (I forget the exact name)
  8. Click "Show in Finder"
  9. Go Back to a folder and delete the Kodak Folder there.
  10. Remove Kodak from Firewall Options by selecting it and clicking the " - " button the base of the list.

or

1. Open Finder
  2. Go > Go To Folder...
  3. Type In: "~/Library/Printers"
  4. Delete All Folders Named Kodak

I'm going off memory, so If I forgot something let me know.

I keep getting a message on startup saying 'Do you want the application "KodakAiOBonjourAgent .app" to accept incoming network connections?' It says settings may be changed in the Firewall pane of Security? Doesn't matter what I click (Deny/Submit).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.