Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bookmark Folders in my Bookmarks Menu- grrrrrrr

Hey gang-

Just got a new iMac and so moved from Lion and Safari 5 to Mavericks and Safari 7. A big difference is that Safari 7 displays all my Bookmark Folders in my Bookmarks menu- whether I want it to or not. Even worse, it puts the Bookmark Folders at the bottom of the Bookmarks menu. If they must be there, I'd prefer that they be above my Bookmarks (as Firefox does.)

I guess the main reason is that I always count on my most recent Bookmarks to be at the very bottom of my Bookmarks menu for easy locating. But instead now there are my Bookmark Folders. I tried editing this in Safari 7, but Edit Bookmarks does not allow me to place Folders above the Bookmarks menu.

Anyone found a way to do this?

Thanks!

Dave

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 10:44 AM

Dave,

It used to be that you could go to the bookmarks menu and select "Show All Bookmarks" then in that window on the left, select "bookmarks menu" and drag folders to the left, (out of the menu) or just delete them if they are already in the list on the left of the screen. You can change and rearrange the bookmarks bar, and menu, or search the history from this window.

Sly

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2014 10:44 AM in response to Dave_K.

Dave,

It used to be that you could go to the bookmarks menu and select "Show All Bookmarks" then in that window on the left, select "bookmarks menu" and drag folders to the left, (out of the menu) or just delete them if they are already in the list on the left of the screen. You can change and rearrange the bookmarks bar, and menu, or search the history from this window.

Sly

Bookmark Folders in my Bookmarks Menu- grrrrrrr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.