Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WebEx sessions hang on me

Greetings,

I work in IT and am a customer of a particular IT hardware and service provider. I am using a Mac mini with Mavericks as my workstation in my office.

Whenever I open an email and I click on a WebEx invitation link to open a WebEx customer support session, after I fill in my name, employer, and email address, I get a horizontal bar chart that shows the progress of the WebEx session starting, but then at the 3% mark, it hangs and the session never starts. This happens in Safari. In Firefox, I don't even get that far and Chrome doesn't seem to work either. Safari is my default web browser. Clearing all the caches has not helped. Running Onynx to clear all sorts of stuff has also not helped.

My only option is to use Windows, but like most Mac users, I hate doing that, especially since I have to move to a shared PC that runs Windows 7 very slowly.

I googled this issue without success. Contacting the IT company's tech support on this issue doesn't get me far either. So I am wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem on Mavericks. When I was on Snow Leopard, I never experienced this problem, but it happens consistently on Mavericks. My boss, who is also a Mac user has exactly the same problem on his iMac.

If anyone else using Mavericks and can successfully accept WebEx invitations after having this problem, please let me know what you did to fix it. I am current with both Mavericks, Java, and Safari.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 8:20 AM

2 replies

WebEx sessions hang on me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.