Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I getting unable to purchase message from App Store with free apps

Why am I getting unable to purchase message from App Store for free apps on my I pad?

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 9:26 AM

Have you ever made purchases or downloaded content to this device before? If you set up an Apple ID and didn't want to use a credit card with the ID, then you set the ID up incorrectly.

Create iTunes Store account without credit card - Support - Apple

5 replies

Jan 8, 2014 11:49 AM in response to Johncuz

Sign out of your Apple ID, reboot yor iPad and sign in again.

Settings>iTunes and App Store. Tap your ID and sign out.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Go go back to Settings>iTunes & App Store. Sign in. Try to download the free apps again.

Why am I getting unable to purchase message from App Store with free apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.