Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using iCloud with iPod nano

I have both an iPod nano & an iPod shuffle, but can't seem to be able to access iCloud with either one of them. What am I missing? I don't have any other Apple products. Any help would be appreciated.

iPod nano

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 4:14 PM

Neither the Nano nor the Shuffle have WiFi capabilities so they cannot access iCloud.

17 replies

Jan 8, 2014 5:51 PM in response to deggie

But they do connect to my various computers via iTunes, so why can't I download music I've stored in iCloud into a computer that might not have the song I want? Isn't the point of cloud storage to be accessible from anywhere you can get online? If computer A doesn't have "Basket Case," which I uploaded to the cloud from computer B, why can't I download it from the cloud?

Thanks.

Jan 8, 2014 6:46 PM in response to CA-girl

If you set your Nano to manually manage your music and if you authorize your various computers in iTunes, then you can download from the cloud and manually drag it to your Nano.

Your Shuffle can only be synced with one Library so when you connect it to a different computer it will wipe out any songs that are not found on the computer.

You can only authorize 5 computers.

May 26, 2014 9:52 AM in response to deggie

No I don't have a Mac, that's how this whole thread started. I was unable to access the iCloud that's supposed to be accessible for iPod users, but I couldn't. I assume you mean "with a PC," rather than "with a Nano," right? So, in other words, iCloud is only available to iPod users with Macs, correct?

May 26, 2014 11:27 AM in response to CA-girl

No, you wouldn't be able to do that, it is not offered unless you have iTunes Match. If you need to store files in the cloud you can use Dropbox and many other services. That is not a feature that iCloud offers. You can back up your WiFi connected devices to iCloud but songs are not included in the backup.

using iCloud with iPod nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.