Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Mightytext" app for iphones?

I have so many friends with iPhones who are envious of the MightyText app that I use with Android. Is there an iPhone app for this?

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 4:09 PM

45 replies

Mar 31, 2017 4:09 PM in response to sbhullar

sbhullar wrote:

Is it possible to start a feedback thread or a petition to apple to make this happen. ? I do not care about mighty text. i am just saying apple should be able to do it own its own. I love and have owned pretty much all the apple products. Expecting something like this from apple should be genuine. OR apple can give a response at least, if such a sync is possible or not, if possible why does not it want to do it.

Apple doesn't read here for feedback. They do have, however, a feedback page:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Apple is very clear that they do not respond to the feedback, though all of it is read. They also do not respond here.

Petitions are not permitted here but there may well be other venues for that.

Best of luck.

Sep 6, 2017 9:33 AM in response to cocomo-joe

cocomo-joe wrote:

I miss mightly text. Apple does not have anything close to it. I went that apple store to complain about that. It was like watching the movie, Invasion of the body snatchers. everyone there says the same thing. I used to be a tier one applecare rep

What did you expect them to say? "I'm sorry. We'll change the way iOS works, demand the developer of Mighty text produce an app and it will be done by a week from Tuesday!" It would be like going into a car dealership and complaining that none of the cars they sell have right hand drive.

If you want to complain to Apple, use the correct method:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Mar 31, 2017 4:04 PM in response to 8a88z

yes apple does not allow third party apps to access the data, like sms. Thats totally fine. But then apple should be able to do it something on its own; something similar to google. When you log in to google account , you have your drive, email, contacts,photos, sms (using google voice number or hangouts) all at one place. Apples alternative is icloud, when you login to icloud, you have your cloud drive, email, photos, contacts all at same place. But the question is why not sms? If apple can make it happen between iphone and imac (both for imessages and texts), why cant it do the same thing between iphone and a PC browser. Just my thought. Some one commented, its because apple does not store sms data on their servers, its both user privacy and security issue. But i am wondering how does it happen between and iphone and a mac then? Apple should be able to figure out this security thing ! not sure, but thats my understanding.

Is it possible to start a feedback thread or a petition to apple to make this happen. ? I do not care about mighty text. i am just saying apple should be able to do it own its own. I love and have owned pretty much all the apple products. Expecting something like this from apple should be genuine. OR apple can give a response at least, if such a sync is possible or not, if possible why does not it want to do it.

Jun 19, 2017 8:16 AM in response to Chjapa

Chjapa wrote:

And this is why I won't be buying the new iPhone 8. As much as I'd like to give Apple phones a try seeing as how they FINALLY integrated wireless charging

Apple has made no announcements about wireless charging. Speculation about future Apple products is prohibited here.

You should always buy the tool that best meets your needs. No one here knows what that is or has any vested interest in what you choose.

Best of luck.

Sep 6, 2017 12:17 PM in response to cocomo-joe

You are also free to call Customer Support. Use the link at the upper right corner of every page. But, seriously, as someone who worked in retail for 20 years, I can tell you that the front line people don't really have any control over things like this. They can say they sympathize. They can say they'll pass the information on. And that's really all. They can't do anything. The feedback page gets the information to the people who can do something. They can look at the aggregated data. They probably have charts and graphs and tables saying who suggested what an how many people complained about something else. And some decisions are most likely based on that data. I know that where I used to work (a company not that far behind Apple in the Fortune 500), upper management paid a lot more attention to the customer feedback that came in through feedback channels than it did to anything I or my colleagues ever said.

So, you can badger people who can't do anything or you can get the information to the people who can.

Feb 2, 2014 8:44 AM in response to Chris CA

Are there any apps that allow for managing all communication (text and iMessages) from your computer?

The issue I'm having is iMessages does not send/receive texts. If an iPhone user responds to my message but steps out of range of wifi, I won't see it on my laptop, because it came through as a text. It makes for a very inefficient workflow. Thoughts?

Feb 18, 2014 8:20 PM in response to Chris CA

Hey Chris...we all know that mighty text is not on IOS. That was the point of the post. Mighty Text for android, hands down, is superior in all ways to Imessage. Being able to send/receive texts (not to mention pictures, videos) from your computer to other phones..regardless of OS, through your phone is AWESOME! The fact that it instantaneously syncs with your phone at the same time is amazing.

I can't believe that Apple hasn't figured out a way to do it. Here's a newsflash, not everyone is on IOS.

"Mightytext" app for iphones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.