Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Meaning of iPad part number?

I have recently acquired an iPad 64GB Wifi & cellular.

It has part number MD793ZP/A

What does this part number mean?

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 6:49 AM

9 replies

Jan 14, 2014 7:13 AM in response to squeezy99

Its an identifier. A way to tell specific things about the iPad. Such as country of sale, type of iPad ( new, refurbished, egraved) etc... Texas Mac Man explains it better than I

Texas Mac Man:

You can see the model number in Settings>General>About>Model. The model number has a two-letter code, a number and some more letters. The last part stands for the country/region. The first letter can be "F" (refurbished), "M" (normal retail), or "P" (personalized / engraved). For example MC605B is the model MC605 and B is for the region.

What country does my device belong to?

http://www.jbfaq.com/article.asp?id=63

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4751418?tstart=0

Jan 14, 2014 8:30 AM in response to squeezy99

Here is the list of country codes used by Apple devices.

MB123XX/A or MC123XX/A is the device code and XX is the regional identifier. This code you can find in this list:

• AB - Egypt, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
  • B - Ireland, UK, also used for some replacement phones
  • C - Canada
  • CZ - Czech Republic
  • DN - Austria, Germany, Netherlands
  • E - Mexico
  • EE - Estonia
  • ER - Ireland
  • FB - France, Luxembourg
  • FD - Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
  • GR - Greece
  • HN - India
  • IP - Italy
  • J - Japan
  • KH - Korea
  • KN - Norway
  • KS - Finland, Sweden
  • LA - Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Peru
  • LE - Argentina
  • LL - USA
  • LZ - Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay
  • MG - Hungary
  • MY - Malaysia
  • NF - Belgium, France, Luxembourg
  • PL - Poland
  • PO - Portugal
  • PP - Philippines
  • RO - Romania
  • RS - Russia
  • SL - Slovakia
  • SO - South Africa
  • T - Italy
  • TA - Taiwan
  • TU - Turkey
  • X - Australia, New Zealand
  • Y - Spain
  • ZA - Singapore
  • ZP - Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia

 Cheers, Tom 😉

May 8, 2015 6:08 PM in response to WoodsApps

WoodsApps wrote:

But what does the /A mean on the model #? I have an iPad 3 MC705LL but another iPad 3 has MC705LL/AA.

Sorry, a bit of a guess, but I think this might have something to do with the "revision"? My main reason for thinking this is that the original "iPad Air" had the "/A" suffix. However, since the 64GB and 128GB versions have been discontinued and the iPad Air 2 has come out, the "iPad Air" now has a "/B" suffix in the Apple Store. Is there any (slight) difference?

Meaning of iPad part number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.